<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Surprising Progress 

I'd given up all hope.

Last night, after a full 36 hours of no contact with the girl I'd met at Dinah Shore, I decided I'd been an idiot and that I had to get the hell over that stupid infatuation. So I put her out of my head and changed her name in my phone to "Don't Call!"

Funny how life throws you a break every time you think you're done for.

I login to my email today at about noon, and holy crap, there's an email from her.

As I expected, she's been busy because she's an accountant and it's now tax season. And she also lost her voice thanks to a nasty little flu bug — hence the lack of phone contact.

She says hi. She writes in a coherent, clear manner. Which hooks me even farther. Because I love it when people's writing reflects their intellect.

LOVE. IT.

It's nothing particularly heavy, but the email gives me hope nonetheless because in it, she expresses her interest in keep the friendship going and getting to know each other better. Which is really all I want at this point.

Fingers crossed.

I emailed her back a few minutes ago. Let's see if this goes anywhere. I'm very aware that ONE email doesn't mean jack shit. And I don't think I'll be at all reassured until we've written back and forth five or six times. Email's just too ignorable.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com