<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 05, 2007

Beginning of a Life 

So I just got the most amazing phone call today.

I was walking out of class when Joe called me. He's the editor of the Spokane newspaper that I applied for an internship at way back in November. And he said he was calling to offer me the internship.

I swear as stupid as this sounds, I felt like crying when I heard that.

Because for me that represented the crystalization of all the hard work I've put in over the last four years. I've worked my ass off. And it was like I was suddenly reaping my reward.

Another reason why I was filled with equal parts excitement and relief was the fact that I had applied for only ONE internship, literally putting all my eggs in one basket. If I hadn't gotten the Spokane job, I have absolutely no idea what I would have done.

I'm just so grateful to finally have some sort of visible goal beyond June 16. Until now, my looming graduation was pretty bittersweet because it represented an end. With no future in sight because I had absolutely no idea what was going to happen at the end of June.

But now I have renewed direction. And I'm gonna work my ass off at that paper and be the best damn intern they've ever seen so that they either hire me at the end of it or find someone else who will.

Wow. This is amazing. And unreal.

The ironic thing this that this was the one thing that I wanted last year, when I was dating Shadra. I wanted to get an internship at the paper she'd be working at. Because I wanted to be with her. Now I've got the internship. But she's no longer the main pull. Funny how things work out.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com