Sunday, January 28, 2007
Sports Burn Out
God. I really really don't want to go to the basketball game that I'm supposed to cover tonight. I'm all sported out at this point. Three beats is a full time job dammit.
Spent all of Tuesday working on this massive 80-inch article about the soccer team's ace striker, who's hanging up her cleats. Then on Wednesday I had to go to one of the women's basketball games. Thursday was a brief reprieve. Friday I covered tennis. Saturday I went to the WC's retreat, which lasted from 11am til 4pm. Then had to cover tennis again at 6pm. That lasted till 9pm. Today it's basketball @ OSU at 5:30. Which means we have to drive there early because it's about 45 minutes away.
God. I just need a day to not have to think about sports. But that's not gonna happen. Bball story due tonight, tennis story due tomorrow, column due Tuesday, tennis preview and women's bball player feature due Thursday. And then we start all over again.
Shoot me.
Nic's back. We had breakfast yesterday and worked everything out. So it's all good now. Which is good because I'm not going to have time to breathe, let alone worry about our friendship.
Spent all of Tuesday working on this massive 80-inch article about the soccer team's ace striker, who's hanging up her cleats. Then on Wednesday I had to go to one of the women's basketball games. Thursday was a brief reprieve. Friday I covered tennis. Saturday I went to the WC's retreat, which lasted from 11am til 4pm. Then had to cover tennis again at 6pm. That lasted till 9pm. Today it's basketball @ OSU at 5:30. Which means we have to drive there early because it's about 45 minutes away.
God. I just need a day to not have to think about sports. But that's not gonna happen. Bball story due tonight, tennis story due tomorrow, column due Tuesday, tennis preview and women's bball player feature due Thursday. And then we start all over again.
Shoot me.
Nic's back. We had breakfast yesterday and worked everything out. So it's all good now. Which is good because I'm not going to have time to breathe, let alone worry about our friendship.
Comments:
Post a Comment