<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 04, 2006

The Final Push 

Not quite 9 a.m. on a Monday morning and I'm sitting here typing this in the library. I've become quite a library rat in the last two days or so, and that's the way it's gonna stay till Friday at 8 a.m. That's when I take my aside final.

As it is, I've got a final today at 7 p.m. Which explains my day-long quest to cram as many facts about Nazi Germany into my head as is physically possible.

It seems almost easy compared to everything I've been juggling for the last ten weeks. I just realized how insane it was for me to try to balance a full 17-credit academic load with two jobs and a social life.

But the good news is that I will never, ever be that busy again.

And hopefully I'll come out of this term okay.

Already have one A in the bag. That's for my creative writing class.

Oh and I won best sports story of the term at the ODE awards last Friday. Which was nice, and a good motivator for next term. My journalistic career this term kind of peaked with the soccer team debacle. Afterwards I have to say I didn't do very much quality reporting, and it came to a point where I was so busy with school and other shit that I was half-assing it on the paper and churning out stories that I was almost ashamed of having my byline attached to.

That can never happen ever again.

Everything else is going okay. Not well, just okay. The love life aspect is either stagnant or has taken a step back at this point. I can't quite decide which. We'll see if tomorrow night's surprise makes a difference.

At any rate, I'll be flying home Dec. 8 and will be back at 5 a.m. on Dec. 9. Looking forward to a long relaxing break, hopfully punctuated by a lot of leisurely reading. And some writing for fun too. I've picked up creative writing again after a long hiatus. And I love it.

No hard core partying this time for me... I'm kinda tired. At least for the first couple of days back at any rate.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com