Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Possibilities
Well here goes. I spent most of this weekend with Nicole. And it culminated with us flirting at a party on Saturday night, and her coming home with me.
But nothing happened. Because for one thing, it's not like I was out to do THAT. And for another thing, her friend Vic spent the night too. So it was the three of us squished together on my bed, Nic in the middle.
And that turned out to not be such a bad thing. Because she was turned toward me all night long, with her face three inches from my own, and my leg wedged under hers. It was SO hard to not kiss her.
When I went to the bathroom at one point during the night, she held the cover up for me to get back in bed. When I turned away from her in the morning because I was cramped from sleeping on my left shoulder all night long, I swear I felt her head on my shoulder.
It's the little things. Plus the fact that Crystal called me the next morning to say that when I'd kissed that one random guy at the party the night before, Nicole's face fell and she left the room saying something like "I can't handle this." That and the fact that Crystal walked in on a convo between Jenn and Nicole, and heard Nicole saying something like "But I have a girlfriend, but I have a girlfriend."
Last night I spent some time with her too. Did laundry at her place, then went to get dessert. It felt almost like a date. But not quite. And we talked about her relationship with her girlfriend and how they're not really doing so well at the moment.
All this adds up to make me think that maybe, just maybe, I still have an outside shot here. She seems to dig me. But she's still holding back because she obviously still loves the girlfriend. As she herself pointed out last night, the next couple of months are gonna be very interesting.
But nothing happened. Because for one thing, it's not like I was out to do THAT. And for another thing, her friend Vic spent the night too. So it was the three of us squished together on my bed, Nic in the middle.
And that turned out to not be such a bad thing. Because she was turned toward me all night long, with her face three inches from my own, and my leg wedged under hers. It was SO hard to not kiss her.
When I went to the bathroom at one point during the night, she held the cover up for me to get back in bed. When I turned away from her in the morning because I was cramped from sleeping on my left shoulder all night long, I swear I felt her head on my shoulder.
It's the little things. Plus the fact that Crystal called me the next morning to say that when I'd kissed that one random guy at the party the night before, Nicole's face fell and she left the room saying something like "I can't handle this." That and the fact that Crystal walked in on a convo between Jenn and Nicole, and heard Nicole saying something like "But I have a girlfriend, but I have a girlfriend."
Last night I spent some time with her too. Did laundry at her place, then went to get dessert. It felt almost like a date. But not quite. And we talked about her relationship with her girlfriend and how they're not really doing so well at the moment.
All this adds up to make me think that maybe, just maybe, I still have an outside shot here. She seems to dig me. But she's still holding back because she obviously still loves the girlfriend. As she herself pointed out last night, the next couple of months are gonna be very interesting.
Comments:
Post a Comment