Sunday, October 01, 2006
Motivation
There are times when I genuinely do feel exhausted with everything I put myself though, and with how full my days are. There are times when I wonder why I do it all.
But then there are times when something cuts through the dark, and you rise above the muck long enough to realize that as hard as it something is to juggle everything that I have on my plate, I love everything that I'm doing, and yes, it really is all worth it.
I just read an email from the editor of the paper to the staff, announcing the Friday Finals for Week 1. Friday Finals are awards that are given out every week for the best staff efforts that week in categories like 'best news story,' 'best headline', 'best column', and 'best sports story.'
I won three of those last year.... a first for a freelancer.
And I've opened this year by winning two more.
I clinched Best Column, AND Best Sports Story for this week.
And now I've set the bar for myself. I've got to keep it going.
But then there are times when something cuts through the dark, and you rise above the muck long enough to realize that as hard as it something is to juggle everything that I have on my plate, I love everything that I'm doing, and yes, it really is all worth it.
I just read an email from the editor of the paper to the staff, announcing the Friday Finals for Week 1. Friday Finals are awards that are given out every week for the best staff efforts that week in categories like 'best news story,' 'best headline', 'best column', and 'best sports story.'
I won three of those last year.... a first for a freelancer.
And I've opened this year by winning two more.
I clinched Best Column, AND Best Sports Story for this week.
And now I've set the bar for myself. I've got to keep it going.
Comments:
Post a Comment