Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Fucking up
I'm easily distracted nowadays, I feel like I'm behind in a lot of my school work, and I've been fucking up at work. At the WC for instance, I put something totally not politically correct into one of the press releases that I wrote the other day, and we had to end up issuing a retraction. It wasn't something that big a deal, but I don't usually make mistakes like that.
Then yesterday at the paper, apparently half the tennis brief I wrote turned out to be inaccurate. They couldn't contact me to figure out the mistake because I was in class. So they ended up not printing the brief. Which isn't really that big a deal. Because it's only about 10 inches long after all. But still, the mistake I made was completely inaccurate information. That's pretty bad.
And today again at the paper, I had already left the office and was supposed to write Luke a brief about the soccer team. Simple stuff, 6 inches. I wrote it, and emailed it to him. Or at least I thought I emailed it to him.
He called, but I didn't get it till later because I was working out with Nicole. And when I finally called him back, he said he'd never gotten the email. As it turns out, I emailed the wrong fucking person.
I'm making stupid, amateurish mistakes left right and center. Why?
I don't know.
Maybe I'm just spending too much time thinking about stuff — or rather, people — that I shouldn't be thinking about. We hung out today. Well, kind of. She had to go grocery shopping. I said I'd take her. So we went to the grocery store, then hung out at her place for a while before hitting the gym to work out.
Things were good.
She told me she 'looked up' Shadra, and that she wasn't that cute. She googled my ex. Why? I wonder.
She doesn't hug me goodbye anymore either. Why? I wonder.
Then yesterday at the paper, apparently half the tennis brief I wrote turned out to be inaccurate. They couldn't contact me to figure out the mistake because I was in class. So they ended up not printing the brief. Which isn't really that big a deal. Because it's only about 10 inches long after all. But still, the mistake I made was completely inaccurate information. That's pretty bad.
And today again at the paper, I had already left the office and was supposed to write Luke a brief about the soccer team. Simple stuff, 6 inches. I wrote it, and emailed it to him. Or at least I thought I emailed it to him.
He called, but I didn't get it till later because I was working out with Nicole. And when I finally called him back, he said he'd never gotten the email. As it turns out, I emailed the wrong fucking person.
I'm making stupid, amateurish mistakes left right and center. Why?
I don't know.
Maybe I'm just spending too much time thinking about stuff — or rather, people — that I shouldn't be thinking about. We hung out today. Well, kind of. She had to go grocery shopping. I said I'd take her. So we went to the grocery store, then hung out at her place for a while before hitting the gym to work out.
Things were good.
She told me she 'looked up' Shadra, and that she wasn't that cute. She googled my ex. Why? I wonder.
She doesn't hug me goodbye anymore either. Why? I wonder.
Comments:
Post a Comment