Friday, October 27, 2006
Bombs Away
The tail end of this week has been shitty beyond description.
I spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday crammming for a massive history mid term on Thursday, only to walk out of the damn thing Thursday afternoon with the realization that I've never felt that shitty walking out of any history exam before. Bombed it big time.
Then I run around at work for a couple of hours, run home to make Nicole a mix-CD because she kinda mentioned that she wanted one to listen to during her soccer trip this weekend. Put all her fave songs on it in a sappy little gesture known only to myself.
The plan was for us to make sushi for the Women's Center last night because there's an event this Sunday and everyone's supposed to bring food.
Nicole had invited a bunch of people to come over and hang out. That's awesome. Or at least it was before last night turned into Last Friday Redux.
Goddamn. And this time regardless of what she says, I know I'm not being a brat. It was fucking clear as day.
She and Jenn practically pair off all night long. Whether its in the kictchen, in plain sight of everyone, or on the back porch in the dark. Basically if you want to find Nicole, all you have to do is look for Jenn.
Porch. Driveway. Bathroom. Yes, I catch them coming out of the bathroom together.
The final straw comes when they leave at midnight to go walk one of the girls home. I didn't see them leave because I'd holed myself up in Nic's room trying to do homework.
But basically they leave at midnight. I call at 1 a.m. to see where they are because they're not back yet and the rest of us who are still around are getting slightly concerned.
Jenn answers. They've just gotten to the other girl's house.
1:45 a.m. They're not back yet. I cal, no answer. I call again a while later. And wish I hadn't
Jenn answers sounding distracted. The kind of distracted you get when you're making out with someone else and trying to conduct a rational phone conversation at the same time.
She says they're almost back to the house.
Yeah sure. They're probably off fucking in a bush somewhere.
They do get back in a few minutes though, faces flushed, maybe from the cold, maybe from something else.
Nicole hugs me and Vic goodbye, and we leave.
What's up with the lying? Every time I've asked her if she's into Jenn, the answer's no. But for fuck's sake, I'm not blind. Why can't she just fucking come right out and tell me?
Fuck this shit. I'm so sick of being on the bottom end of things.
I spent all of Tuesday and Wednesday crammming for a massive history mid term on Thursday, only to walk out of the damn thing Thursday afternoon with the realization that I've never felt that shitty walking out of any history exam before. Bombed it big time.
Then I run around at work for a couple of hours, run home to make Nicole a mix-CD because she kinda mentioned that she wanted one to listen to during her soccer trip this weekend. Put all her fave songs on it in a sappy little gesture known only to myself.
The plan was for us to make sushi for the Women's Center last night because there's an event this Sunday and everyone's supposed to bring food.
Nicole had invited a bunch of people to come over and hang out. That's awesome. Or at least it was before last night turned into Last Friday Redux.
Goddamn. And this time regardless of what she says, I know I'm not being a brat. It was fucking clear as day.
She and Jenn practically pair off all night long. Whether its in the kictchen, in plain sight of everyone, or on the back porch in the dark. Basically if you want to find Nicole, all you have to do is look for Jenn.
Porch. Driveway. Bathroom. Yes, I catch them coming out of the bathroom together.
The final straw comes when they leave at midnight to go walk one of the girls home. I didn't see them leave because I'd holed myself up in Nic's room trying to do homework.
But basically they leave at midnight. I call at 1 a.m. to see where they are because they're not back yet and the rest of us who are still around are getting slightly concerned.
Jenn answers. They've just gotten to the other girl's house.
1:45 a.m. They're not back yet. I cal, no answer. I call again a while later. And wish I hadn't
Jenn answers sounding distracted. The kind of distracted you get when you're making out with someone else and trying to conduct a rational phone conversation at the same time.
She says they're almost back to the house.
Yeah sure. They're probably off fucking in a bush somewhere.
They do get back in a few minutes though, faces flushed, maybe from the cold, maybe from something else.
Nicole hugs me and Vic goodbye, and we leave.
What's up with the lying? Every time I've asked her if she's into Jenn, the answer's no. But for fuck's sake, I'm not blind. Why can't she just fucking come right out and tell me?
Fuck this shit. I'm so sick of being on the bottom end of things.
Comments:
Post a Comment