<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Inundated 

Life is absolutely kicking my ass right now, and I need to get myself back on top of things. The best part is that it's only the second day of school... which means it's gonna get a whole lot worse before I can expect things to get any better.

It took me two classes today to realize that I'm gonna be doing a LOT of reading this term. Plus my work for the Emerald just keeps on coming, like a neverending wave. Several neverending waves actually. And then there's also the matter of the Women's Center where I'm not doing as much work as I really need to be. And from past experience I know that in this case, the work will kinda keep building upon itself until it gets to the point where I'll find myself swamped by the middle of the term.

Trying to stay afloat. And it doesn't help that I still haven't gotten around to actually cleaning my room. And I can't really function til I do. See? Issues. Fucking A.

I also said something kinda stupid to Nicole at work today... basically I said something that insinuated that if I could date her I would... It was said in jest as we were playfully bantering with each other, so I don't think she took it too seriously. But she did get a kinda funny look on her face and she shook her head at me as if to say, "Wow... what are we going to do about you?"

Kinda hard to explain. But the bottomline is that I'm done crushing on her at least for the time being. I've decided that at this point in the school year, it's probably in my own best interests to just cultivate a solid friendship with her and not say things that might indicate in any way that I have a crush on her. Otherwise that's just gonna creep her out and it won't do either of us any good.

Okay so game plan: stop making creepy half-serious jokes about being into her, and change mindset to that of FRIENDS.

Goddamn. This is a truce. A temporary surrender. Let's see how things work out after this.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com