<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 04, 2006

Coming to a Close 

Well. Last night was the last time I'll ever sleep in this apartment, and this morning was the last time I'll ever wake up here. It's been a great two years, I've had some great times in this apartment, and it was the site of some irreplaceable memories. I'll definitely miss it. But hopefully, next year will be just as good at the new place.

I hated the idea of moving at first. But I guess I've since warmed to the idea. I moved some of my stuff into the new apartment yesterday and was walking around in it trying to figure out the configuration of my room. And I couldn't help but get a little excited. I mean it's cleaner than I've allowed this place to become, and I have my own private balcony now.

Yes so I did take the biggest room, and maybe that explains why I'm as happy about the situation as I am. But hey, you know what, the way I worked it out in my head, and semi-mentioned it to my roommates, it seems logical. I have the most stuff by far, and Red and I both have more stuff than Sully. And between Red and I, she's gonna be gone for her study abroad thingy all of fall term, so it appears to make no sense for us to give the biggest room to the guy who's replacing her for 3 months. Hence it's mine.

At the start of the week, I'd initially convinced myself that I'd spend all of yesterday and the day before packing. Yeah right, that didn't happen.

I packed most of yesterday afternoon. Then, Baba ( the captain of the women's tennnis team... and no that's not her real name, it's the team's nickname for her) called and invited me to her barbecue. I wasn't gonna say no. I really like this girl. She's awesome. And of course it doesn't hurt that she's fuckin hot either.

So after the baseball game with all the Emerald staff, I headed over the bbq and spent the rest of the night there.

It's weird to think that I'll be home in exactly a week, and that I'm leaving Eugene in three days. I guess this would also be a good time to mention that I'm leaving for L.A on Monday en route to Singapore. See I'm gonna visit with Clarence from August 7 - 10 and then head home straight from LA on the 10th.

That's the plan.

This year is finally coming to a close. It's had it's ups and downs. But for the most part, it was a good one. Ever since I got here, every year's just been better and better than the one before it. It makes me sad to think that next year might be the last.

And finally, this might also be the last post of junior year, because I won't have internet at the new place yet. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to get online. But that's okay. I'll see all you folks in exactly seven days. Can't wait! :D

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com