<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Workaholic 

It is only 11pm. But I am ready to collapse and die. Because I've been at work, or doing some form of work, since 9 a.m. this morning. Got to the Sentinel at 9:30, was there reporting till 3 p.m. Then I went to the Emerald, stayed till 4 p.m. and moved on to the SNews, where I stayed till 10:30.

I know it's ridiculous.

The only good part is that I sort of got a promotion. See the Sentinel lost their sports editor two weeks ago. And the sports editor of the Snews just quit on Monday.

Both papers are owned by the same company. The publisher got desperate and has now decided to make me the acting interim sports editor for BOTH papers, and to pay me on an hourly basis. So I get $8 and hour. Which means I've earned $88 today. Not bad for a day's work.

But what a day it was. The worst part was when I got to the Snews and Stacy decided that I should try my hand at designing all three pages of the sports section.

I'm a reporter. I know BASIC Quark. But in general, I don't do design. With lots of help from Meg — who works with me at the Women's Center, and whom I had the foresight to ask for help from yesterday— I got everything together. Edited, put the pages together, wrote the cutlines. Did everything. Then laid the page out.

That totally fucked up my schedule. I was supposed to stop in at the Snews for an hour. Not six. I was gonna spend the rest of my night writing the two articles for the Sentinel that are due tomorrow. Because I've got to leave town by 2p.m. tomorrow to get to Anna's wedding. Fucking A.

So I'm not done with work yet. Not even close.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com