Friday, July 07, 2006
Going to the Chapel....
Well I'm working from home today. My editor at the Sentinel, Jonni, is great that way. She made me figure out a way to work from home today, and is absolutely unwilling to let me go in to work on Sunday because she's convinced that I need a day off.
Ok.
So I'm writing two stories for the Sentinel and getting my schedule for next week straightened out before I head up to Portland tonight. I'm going up for Anna's wedding.
In fact I should already have been up there yesterday. It's a long story. But basically I was supposed to be Anna's bridesmaid. Which is kinda strange in itself because I never thought we were all that close as friends. (But how do you say 'no thanks' when someone asks if you'll be their bridesmaid right?)
So I was all set to go up to Portland yesterday for the rehearsal dinner that would have started at 5p.m. But after I was crowned interim sports editor at work, I realized that there was no way in hell I'd be able to get away from work on Thursday in time to make the rehearsal.
I ended up having to beg out, which makes me feel slightly bad, but really isn't as bad as it sounds because Anna has all along had 4 girls as part of her wedding party in comparison to her fiance's three groomsmen. Me begging out just made it an even 3 and 3.
I hope she's not mad. But there was really no way I could have made it up in time yesterday without having to drive back down today to finish more work, and up again on Saturday to attend the wedding itself.
So now I'm going to finish all the writing that needs to be done and then get ready to drive to Portland. I'm staying at Red's.
Ok.
So I'm writing two stories for the Sentinel and getting my schedule for next week straightened out before I head up to Portland tonight. I'm going up for Anna's wedding.
In fact I should already have been up there yesterday. It's a long story. But basically I was supposed to be Anna's bridesmaid. Which is kinda strange in itself because I never thought we were all that close as friends. (But how do you say 'no thanks' when someone asks if you'll be their bridesmaid right?)
So I was all set to go up to Portland yesterday for the rehearsal dinner that would have started at 5p.m. But after I was crowned interim sports editor at work, I realized that there was no way in hell I'd be able to get away from work on Thursday in time to make the rehearsal.
I ended up having to beg out, which makes me feel slightly bad, but really isn't as bad as it sounds because Anna has all along had 4 girls as part of her wedding party in comparison to her fiance's three groomsmen. Me begging out just made it an even 3 and 3.
I hope she's not mad. But there was really no way I could have made it up in time yesterday without having to drive back down today to finish more work, and up again on Saturday to attend the wedding itself.
So now I'm going to finish all the writing that needs to be done and then get ready to drive to Portland. I'm staying at Red's.
Comments:
Post a Comment