Sunday, July 09, 2006
First Solo Road Trip
Yup. The drive to Portland and back marked my first solo road trip ever. I had a nice, relaxing weekend. Drove up Friday night and spent Saturday at the wedding and went shopping with Red and Hannah in downtown Portland.
Got some new clothes and went crazy at Powells, which if you didn't know, is the Disneyland of bookstores. It's amazing! I blew something like 60 bucks on books there. But it's not as bad as it sounds because half the books I bought were for thesis research. So it's all good. :D
Then today I met Reese and Rachel for lunch and we hit up Powells again! haha.
Tomorrow it's back to work. Monday's gonna be a full day for me. I have to be in Cottage Grove by 10am and will undoubtably be at work all day till 10pm because I'm covering a school board meeting tomorrow evening and have to pump out the story right afterwards.
Sidenote: So the last time I talked to Shadra, which was more than a week ago, she told me she'd be in Portland this weekend for her friend's wedding. I remember this specifically because I thought it ironic that we were both going to be in Portland the same weekend for different weddings.
So in the car while driving up on Friday, I texted her to say that I was driving up and to tell her that if she would like to hang out, she should give me a call.
She never called.
But here's the good part: I've just realized that I don't really care. I'm over it. She didn't call, and I didn't bother calling her. Improvement yes?
Got some new clothes and went crazy at Powells, which if you didn't know, is the Disneyland of bookstores. It's amazing! I blew something like 60 bucks on books there. But it's not as bad as it sounds because half the books I bought were for thesis research. So it's all good. :D
Then today I met Reese and Rachel for lunch and we hit up Powells again! haha.
Tomorrow it's back to work. Monday's gonna be a full day for me. I have to be in Cottage Grove by 10am and will undoubtably be at work all day till 10pm because I'm covering a school board meeting tomorrow evening and have to pump out the story right afterwards.
Sidenote: So the last time I talked to Shadra, which was more than a week ago, she told me she'd be in Portland this weekend for her friend's wedding. I remember this specifically because I thought it ironic that we were both going to be in Portland the same weekend for different weddings.
So in the car while driving up on Friday, I texted her to say that I was driving up and to tell her that if she would like to hang out, she should give me a call.
She never called.
But here's the good part: I've just realized that I don't really care. I'm over it. She didn't call, and I didn't bother calling her. Improvement yes?
Comments:
Post a Comment