Friday, June 02, 2006
Putting My Foot in It
Yeah guess what I did last night? Went out to Rennie's with the gang. We had a good time. She ended up coming back with me.... and in my semi-drunken state, the filter between mouth and brain vanished... which led to me telling her I loved her. Real smart eh?
I know. REAL smart.
We were just kinda lying in bed, I was kissin her, and telling her that if this ever got to the point where she wanted me to back off, she should tell me. She said no, she liked the situation the way it was. And suddenly I was like, "So I don't expect you to reciprocate this in any way because you've told me where you stand and I respect that. But I think, on some level, I do love you."
Good job huh? As soon as that found its way out of my mouth, I was mortified and wanted to put it back in. Way to REALLY stick my foot in it and sabotage myself as soon as I have things back on track. Geez.
She dismissed it by telling me that I was drunk. Not in a mean way or anything like that. Just all casual-like.
At any rate I'm hoping I didn't do any permanent damage. Maybe she won't even remember? I don't know and I'm not gonna bother bringing it up. Good grief.
We're having people over tonight, her included. Here's to hoping things go well and end the way they did last night — with the two of us both in the same location.
I know. REAL smart.
We were just kinda lying in bed, I was kissin her, and telling her that if this ever got to the point where she wanted me to back off, she should tell me. She said no, she liked the situation the way it was. And suddenly I was like, "So I don't expect you to reciprocate this in any way because you've told me where you stand and I respect that. But I think, on some level, I do love you."
Good job huh? As soon as that found its way out of my mouth, I was mortified and wanted to put it back in. Way to REALLY stick my foot in it and sabotage myself as soon as I have things back on track. Geez.
She dismissed it by telling me that I was drunk. Not in a mean way or anything like that. Just all casual-like.
At any rate I'm hoping I didn't do any permanent damage. Maybe she won't even remember? I don't know and I'm not gonna bother bringing it up. Good grief.
We're having people over tonight, her included. Here's to hoping things go well and end the way they did last night — with the two of us both in the same location.
Comments:
Post a Comment