<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 04, 2006

In and Out 

The weekend was a total mixed bag of tricks. Friday night I threw my first unofficial Emerald party. At one point, half the staff from the paper were in my living room. It was good times. I wish I'd become friends with a lot of these people earlier. Jared, Tom, and Shadra are all graduating in two weeks. And that's sad as all hell I think.

But anyway, despite the fact that we had a good time on Friday, and the jury's still out as to what's going on between me and Shadra. I have no idea what to think because this thing between us fluctuates between hot and cold all the damn time. For instance, Friday night she slept over, but things were kinda strange. It was definitely 'cold'.

Saturday I didn't see her and she didn't reply my text. But today when I saw her in the office she was relatively chirpy. Warm enough to make me consider maybe texting her later this evening to see what's up. I don't know.

Today, my soccer team lost in the playoffs, something like 8-0. It was mortifying. That's why I'm taking that soccer class next term.

I also worked both jobs, experiencing a strange dichotomy of 'in' and 'out' in both locations. With the Women's Center, next year will be my third year on staff, and I now find myself in a position of seniority. I'm senior staff to a lot of people, and it's nice being able to take on more of a leadership role, and to have people look up to me because—let's face it, I'm an inherently bossy person. :D Today, at the staff retreat we got to meet some of the incoming staff for next year, and I think we've got a pretty good mix.

At the Emerald however, I think next year's definitely going to teach me a lot because it'll be my first year on staff. And from the staff meeting today, there'll be a lot to learn. For one thing, I'm going to write a column for the first time. So that's going to be interesting. And for another thing, I'm going to be covering women's socccer, women's volleyball, and either women's track or softball. All sports that I don't really have much hands on experience playing.

It's going to be a good year.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com