Thursday, June 22, 2006
Birthday Festivities Part II and San Francisco
Yesterday was bittersweet. I spent the day hanging out with lots of different people, but the centerpiece was the visits I made to both Shadra's and Jared's to say goodbye. Because they leave today for Spokane where they'll be working their summer internships at the newspaper up there.
I think saying goodbye to Jared was actually harder than saying goodbye to Shadra simply because I've become such good friends with him.
Last night I went to dinner with Crystal, Angela, Alec and a bunch of people. Then we did the bar scene and I got lots of free drinks because it was my birthday.
This morning I woke up early to go see Jared again. Left him a 64 ounce bottle of beer as a parting gift. Well that's for him and Shadra anyway.
It's kinda weird knowing that they're leaving and realizing that these two people, who in many ways have been THE focus of my life for the last few months, are no longer going to be an active part of my life. We'll always have the memories. But it's different. It's not the same as having Jared here to hang out with anytime, or having her here to go out with and talk to.
Then again, as far as she's concerned, it's not like we did that much of talking these last couple of weeks. It'd do me good to remind myself that the girl I miss is that girl who's already been gone for about a month now.
I'm determined not to mope. Which is a huge part of the reason why I decided to let Alec talk me into driving down to San Francisco for Pride this weekend. We leave today and get back Monday. It's one of those spontaneous trips that are completely unplaned. I have absolutely no idea where we're staying or what we're doing. But I figured since half my friends are gonna be either gone for good or out of town this weekend, there's absolutely no point staying in Eugene feeling sorry for myself.
I think saying goodbye to Jared was actually harder than saying goodbye to Shadra simply because I've become such good friends with him.
Last night I went to dinner with Crystal, Angela, Alec and a bunch of people. Then we did the bar scene and I got lots of free drinks because it was my birthday.
This morning I woke up early to go see Jared again. Left him a 64 ounce bottle of beer as a parting gift. Well that's for him and Shadra anyway.
It's kinda weird knowing that they're leaving and realizing that these two people, who in many ways have been THE focus of my life for the last few months, are no longer going to be an active part of my life. We'll always have the memories. But it's different. It's not the same as having Jared here to hang out with anytime, or having her here to go out with and talk to.
Then again, as far as she's concerned, it's not like we did that much of talking these last couple of weeks. It'd do me good to remind myself that the girl I miss is that girl who's already been gone for about a month now.
I'm determined not to mope. Which is a huge part of the reason why I decided to let Alec talk me into driving down to San Francisco for Pride this weekend. We leave today and get back Monday. It's one of those spontaneous trips that are completely unplaned. I have absolutely no idea where we're staying or what we're doing. But I figured since half my friends are gonna be either gone for good or out of town this weekend, there's absolutely no point staying in Eugene feeling sorry for myself.
Comments:
Post a Comment