Thursday, May 04, 2006
Stuff. Ugh, Stuff.
So the day started well. I left the house in high spirits because of the decision I'd made last night about how to handle the Shadra situation from here on out. And the first half of the day really just ran like clockwork.
I was at the Ob-Gyn (my first time!) when I got a text message from Britt that said "Hey I need to talk to you. I need to apologize. It's been eating me up."
I was floored. I never thought I'd see the day where she'd realize how shitty a time I had right after things happened with us. It was a painful chapter, and I really don't want to reopen it. Especially because I'm almost embarrassed by how actively I ended up trying to pursue things. Now I think that was just me confusing my friendship-motivated affection for her as feelings of romantic attraction at the time.
So it's not exactly something that I'm like dying to bring up. But at the same time, if she wants to apologize, I'm not gonna say no either. We're meeting tomorrow afternoon. This should be interesting.
Then as I was leaving the Emerald, I ran into Shadra coming in. The look on her face told me she was in a pissy mood. I asked if she was okay, she wasn't. But she also said she didn't want to talk about it. Twice. So I let her be and left. It didn't even bother me all that much.
Less than 20 minutes later, she calls me. On her own volition. For like the first time in a week and a half. She says she's sorry she blew me off, and tries to explain her shitty mood. She's stressed out about her class situation. Not about anything to do with us. It was nice of her to let me know. So that was good.
The rest of the day is a blur of work and class.
Then I get home at 11pm and my roommates are discussing the possibility of moving next year. Which I absolutely don't want to do because I don't want to have to pack and unpack my stuff. I don't have the time or energy to deal with that. Especially because next year's my last year, and I'm gonna have to pack up and move somewhere else again at the end of it. I don't want ot deal with that at all.
But the way it's looking now, that's probably going to be an option. So it sucks.
Ugh. And I still have a midterm to cram for. It's gonna be a fun night dammit.
I was at the Ob-Gyn (my first time!) when I got a text message from Britt that said "Hey I need to talk to you. I need to apologize. It's been eating me up."
I was floored. I never thought I'd see the day where she'd realize how shitty a time I had right after things happened with us. It was a painful chapter, and I really don't want to reopen it. Especially because I'm almost embarrassed by how actively I ended up trying to pursue things. Now I think that was just me confusing my friendship-motivated affection for her as feelings of romantic attraction at the time.
So it's not exactly something that I'm like dying to bring up. But at the same time, if she wants to apologize, I'm not gonna say no either. We're meeting tomorrow afternoon. This should be interesting.
Then as I was leaving the Emerald, I ran into Shadra coming in. The look on her face told me she was in a pissy mood. I asked if she was okay, she wasn't. But she also said she didn't want to talk about it. Twice. So I let her be and left. It didn't even bother me all that much.
Less than 20 minutes later, she calls me. On her own volition. For like the first time in a week and a half. She says she's sorry she blew me off, and tries to explain her shitty mood. She's stressed out about her class situation. Not about anything to do with us. It was nice of her to let me know. So that was good.
The rest of the day is a blur of work and class.
Then I get home at 11pm and my roommates are discussing the possibility of moving next year. Which I absolutely don't want to do because I don't want to have to pack and unpack my stuff. I don't have the time or energy to deal with that. Especially because next year's my last year, and I'm gonna have to pack up and move somewhere else again at the end of it. I don't want ot deal with that at all.
But the way it's looking now, that's probably going to be an option. So it sucks.
Ugh. And I still have a midterm to cram for. It's gonna be a fun night dammit.
Comments:
Post a Comment