<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Housing Nightmare 

This week has been the housing nightmare from hell and we're all stressed up about it.

We started things off with Kara's car getting towed on Sunday. That put everyone in a bad mood to start off the week.

Then today, at 10:45 in the morning, I find a note from our fucking real estate agency on our front door saying that they will be inspecting the place on Friday. I freak out, wonder what the hell is going on, and immediately call them.

That's when my troubles REALLY start.

Apparently, the date to re-up our lease is NOT June 1 as we all thought. It was April 26. So when they didn't hear from us, they automatically assumed that we weren't going to be living here next year, and put our apartment up for lease.

It gets better.

They are not really 'inspecting' the place on Friday. They're just letting the people who want to live here next year view it. And these people are apparently already paid the application fee and had their applications approved.

By this point I'm going ballistic. And it's only 11am.

What happens is that my roommates and I go apartment hunting. Even though I've done it all before and am convinced that we won't find a better place.

We talk a couple of times throughout the day. And the consensus (not a happy one) seems to be that even if we hadn't fucked up with the application deadline, we would not be living here next year because whoops shit, Bell, the real estate agency fucking upped the rent again. And Kara doesn't want to pay that much.

The problem with our place is that it's kind of a package deal. For various reasons that I don't have the time or mindset to explain right now, the three of us can only continue to stay here, if it's the THREE of us. We've looked at all possibilities and there are no two ways around it.

So yes, now I 'm faced with the idea of having to move. And that sucks because I'm in love with this place. I'm just so attached to it right now that I absolutely detest the idea of not living here next year.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com