<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Housing Issues and Instinct 

Instinct
Ed and I were supposed to get dinner last night but he had to work late, so we rescheduled and planned to do something tonight. But he was kinda weird in the office today. And he hasn't called me yet, even though I texted him to ask if our plans were still on.

And that's really okay. I'm nowhere near upset about that because it's not like I'm remotely invested in this thing yet. I just thought I'd give him a shot and see what he's got.

But I've also realized that I'm really glad I put my foot down when he wanted me to go home with him Saturday night. Because think about how upset/used I would feel right now if we'd actually done anything that night, and then this week this is what I get from him. I would not be this indifferent that's for sure.

So hey folks, I'm learning. Learning to trust my instinct, and to practice some sort of restraint. I want a fucking medal dammit!

Housing Issues
So here's an explanation of Operation KTAPT (Keep the Apartment). I can publish it now since it's already failed. Basically my roommates and I trashed the apartment on Thursday night to make it look unliveable. When the would-be tenants came to view it on Friday, I pulled out my Oscar-worthy performance and spun this yarn about how I was really sorry that we hadn't put in the paperwork when it was actually due, but that it was because my grandma (rest in peace!) died in mid-April and I'd had to fly all the way home. And I'd only come back in May. I even threw in some tears for good measure. (Yes, I can cry on command.)

At the time, we thought the girl had bought our story. He looked really sad and said that if it was up to her, she'd let us keep the place, but that she'd have to check with her roommates first. So I gave her my number and she said she'd call me.

By this morning, she hadn't called. So I called the real estate company. They said that half the deposit for the apartment had already been paid, and that the apartment was off the market.

So basically the girls screwed us over. And we have to move out by August 25. Fuckers. Fuck 'em all. I'm SO over this.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com