Thursday, May 04, 2006
Challenge Upon Challenge
So just as I've reconciled myself to the fact that I'm okay with the idea of just being friends with Shadra, I'm running into another problem: I don't know HOW to be friends with her.
It's hard to explain. But we've never related to each other in that way. Just because right from the get go we started out doing the pseudo-dating thing. So the only way we've ever related to each other is in a way that involves romantic attachment. And that's how I got to know her. All our most intimate conversations unfolded in my room. The whole thing was hush hush the whole time. And in public, we often acted as if we barely knew each other. Like we were just acquaintances.
So now I don't know HOW to relate to her as a friend, with the romantic stuff gone it seems like I'm gonna have to try to get to know her all over again. It's kinda awkward sometimes. I don't know if its just me or if she might feel it too.
Does that make sense?
If it doesn't, that's because I've been up since 5:30am and have had the longest day in the world. This was my schedule today:
0530: Wake up, study for midterm.
0830: Go to first class.
1000: Go to second class, take midterm.
1200: Golf class
1400: Go to the Emerald to do research for the story due that afternoon.
1500: Women's Center Director Hire meeting
1600 Women's Center staff meeting
1630: Interview with Capt. French for a story I'm writing for Mosaic (the J-school's newspaper that I'm taking as a class for credit.)
1730: Meet Britt
1830: Go to the Emerald: Write story
1915: Work the Women's Center's "QWEEFF" Gala.
2100: Interview with another guy for Mosaic.
2300: Get down with interview. Get home, shower.
2358: Blog.
And I have to be up at 7am because I'm leaving for Corvallis at 7:45 to spend the morning there conducting interviews for the Mosaic story.
This weekend's gonna be insanely busy.
It's hard to explain. But we've never related to each other in that way. Just because right from the get go we started out doing the pseudo-dating thing. So the only way we've ever related to each other is in a way that involves romantic attachment. And that's how I got to know her. All our most intimate conversations unfolded in my room. The whole thing was hush hush the whole time. And in public, we often acted as if we barely knew each other. Like we were just acquaintances.
So now I don't know HOW to relate to her as a friend, with the romantic stuff gone it seems like I'm gonna have to try to get to know her all over again. It's kinda awkward sometimes. I don't know if its just me or if she might feel it too.
Does that make sense?
If it doesn't, that's because I've been up since 5:30am and have had the longest day in the world. This was my schedule today:
0530: Wake up, study for midterm.
0830: Go to first class.
1000: Go to second class, take midterm.
1200: Golf class
1400: Go to the Emerald to do research for the story due that afternoon.
1500: Women's Center Director Hire meeting
1600 Women's Center staff meeting
1630: Interview with Capt. French for a story I'm writing for Mosaic (the J-school's newspaper that I'm taking as a class for credit.)
1730: Meet Britt
1830: Go to the Emerald: Write story
1915: Work the Women's Center's "QWEEFF" Gala.
2100: Interview with another guy for Mosaic.
2300: Get down with interview. Get home, shower.
2358: Blog.
And I have to be up at 7am because I'm leaving for Corvallis at 7:45 to spend the morning there conducting interviews for the Mosaic story.
This weekend's gonna be insanely busy.
Comments:
Post a Comment