Tuesday, April 11, 2006
I Had Fun Today
Today was one of those days where you walk around thinking life can't get any better. Not because it's perfect. But because it feels perfect in the sense that it was composed of all the elements that you want to have in your life in order to feel happy, productive and at peace with yourself.
So remember how I said I emailed Sara last night asking her if she'd go to a movie with me and my roommates tonight? Well I snuck my cell number into that email asking her to call me if she wanted to come. And I woke up to a text message from her saying "Rain check. Though now that ya got my digits..."
Then I check MySpace and I have mail from her too. It said something about how this was unusual for her because she's normally content with just exchanging messages till one person gets bored or loses interest, but that some of the stuff we'd been talking about over email demanded a face to face conversation, and would I like to go out for chai?"
Sounds good to me. I text her back something slightly flirty, and mail back saying chai would be great, and I'm free on Thursday night. We've established one thing: this girl wants to play ball. So let's play and see how the game goes.
I dig this stuff. Then on my way to class (at its still like only 8am because class starts at 8:30) I get a text from Shadra asking if I want to have coffee. We end up trying to work it out, but our schedules don't mesh. Still, it's the attempt that counts.
Classes went great. After golf, I play tennis with Sully. And that's fucking awesome. I'd forgotten how much I love playing tennis on the outdoor courts in the spring sun. Amazing. I also get a nice little voicemail from Lanti. All the way from London! Afterward, I interviewed the tennis team. And here comes my second journalism ethical dilemma in two weeks.
One of the girls was dismissed from the team. But the coach doesn't want to say exactly why. All he's willing to tell me is that it's for a breach of team rules. I want to find out why. And I think the girl's teammates might tell me. But at the same time, should I go around the coach and try to do that? And also, do I want to try and stir up stuff between this girl and her teammates? No I don't. They're good people. And I've grown to really like a lot of them over the last couple of months.
So I take my problem to the higher-ups at the paper. I talk to Shadra and Shawn to see what I should do. I'm gonna try and call the girl to see if she'll talk to me. Then we'll figure out what to do about everything else.
That done, I head down to the Women's Center and do some work while hanging out with Tara, Meg and Nicole. Then its home for a shower and off to the Bijou for the free screening of American Dreamz.
The night is capped by a text from Sara (she goes by Sten, and that's how I'll refer to her from now on) saying that she hopes I'm having fun at the preview.
So yes, career challenges, but nothing I can't handle. My love life seems to be trying to pick itself out of the rut that it was left in last term, classes were good, good friends, some tennis in the sun, and a free movie. What more can I ask for out of a single day?
So remember how I said I emailed Sara last night asking her if she'd go to a movie with me and my roommates tonight? Well I snuck my cell number into that email asking her to call me if she wanted to come. And I woke up to a text message from her saying "Rain check. Though now that ya got my digits..."
Then I check MySpace and I have mail from her too. It said something about how this was unusual for her because she's normally content with just exchanging messages till one person gets bored or loses interest, but that some of the stuff we'd been talking about over email demanded a face to face conversation, and would I like to go out for chai?"
Sounds good to me. I text her back something slightly flirty, and mail back saying chai would be great, and I'm free on Thursday night. We've established one thing: this girl wants to play ball. So let's play and see how the game goes.
I dig this stuff. Then on my way to class (at its still like only 8am because class starts at 8:30) I get a text from Shadra asking if I want to have coffee. We end up trying to work it out, but our schedules don't mesh. Still, it's the attempt that counts.
Classes went great. After golf, I play tennis with Sully. And that's fucking awesome. I'd forgotten how much I love playing tennis on the outdoor courts in the spring sun. Amazing. I also get a nice little voicemail from Lanti. All the way from London! Afterward, I interviewed the tennis team. And here comes my second journalism ethical dilemma in two weeks.
One of the girls was dismissed from the team. But the coach doesn't want to say exactly why. All he's willing to tell me is that it's for a breach of team rules. I want to find out why. And I think the girl's teammates might tell me. But at the same time, should I go around the coach and try to do that? And also, do I want to try and stir up stuff between this girl and her teammates? No I don't. They're good people. And I've grown to really like a lot of them over the last couple of months.
So I take my problem to the higher-ups at the paper. I talk to Shadra and Shawn to see what I should do. I'm gonna try and call the girl to see if she'll talk to me. Then we'll figure out what to do about everything else.
That done, I head down to the Women's Center and do some work while hanging out with Tara, Meg and Nicole. Then its home for a shower and off to the Bijou for the free screening of American Dreamz.
The night is capped by a text from Sara (she goes by Sten, and that's how I'll refer to her from now on) saying that she hopes I'm having fun at the preview.
So yes, career challenges, but nothing I can't handle. My love life seems to be trying to pick itself out of the rut that it was left in last term, classes were good, good friends, some tennis in the sun, and a free movie. What more can I ask for out of a single day?
Comments:
Post a Comment