<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 03, 2006

Fresh Start 

Yup, somehow that's what this term feels like. New beginning, fresh start. I don't know why exactly, but it does. And I went around all day unable to shake that feeling. Class was okay, though I bombed a graded assignment that I thought was a freebie. But even that wasn't enough to get me down.

Went to work to write my story. Talked to Shadra. I'm no longer bummed about how we couldn't make it work. It's funny. Like its good to see her, but I no longer NEED to. You know? So that's progress. Went down to the Women's Center afterwards and had a good time mucking around with people. Made me think twice about not going back there next year.

And I was still thinking about that when I went to practice and felt like death rolled over because I hadn't run in like three weeks. We did sprints. I died. That's all there is to it.

Here's the kicker though. Throughout practice, I kept toying with the idea of just finishing up the season and not playing next year. I just couldn't shake that off. I laid out next year in my head during practice: get on staff at the Emerald, keep working at the Women's Center, take a whole shitload of PE classes, and just work out on my own time.

It just seemed like a tempting idea. Because my priorities have realigned themselves this year. Lacrosse is no longer the be-all-and-end-all. In fact, it hasn't been for a long time. For instance, I'm skipping the Stanford tournament this weekend partly because I have to work the Drag Show for the Women's Center, and partly because the post-Drag Show party is gonna be too good to miss. What does that say right?

We'll see how it all works out. At any rate, here's to a drama-free, kick ass good term!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com