<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Exposed and Climax! 

Exposed! was the official name of this year's drag show. And Climax! was the official after-party. All things considered, things went really well.

The show was phenomenal. The Women's Center's number went great, and I had a load of fun with my part. Plus I look ridiculously authentic in drag. I had lots of people tell me they couldn't recognize me because I passed as a guy so easily. For instance, my friend Jane was coming up to the show and I stopped her on the stairs. She had to really stare at me had before she realized who I was.

Katie didn't recognize me either. "I thought you were a boy," she told me.

So the show went well, and I have pics that I'm gonna try and post. The after-party however, was amazing. Somehow all my worries about how no one would come because no one had heard of it were unfounded. Crystal knows how to throw a big production and she did it again last night.

It was a blast. We got huge turn out and everyone had a great time. I went to the party in drag because I was hoping that it would give me a bigger chance of getting my fake ID accepted. See, my ID doesn't look a thing like me. So my theory was that I'd present the ID while in drag so that if the bouncer questioned its authenticity, I'd be like "Uh hello, of course it doesn't look like me, I'm trying to look like a boy tonight."

It worked. I spent the night getting kinda sloshed, danching with my friends and a lot of random people. It was great. It's the kind of party where you know pretty much everyone, so there's always someone to just dance with.

And apparently my 'hotness' quotient got sized up. I was talking to A-Scog when this girl came over and said, "Excuse me, it's my friend's birthday tomorrow and I was wondering if you'd dance with her."

I was like, "Sure. Where's this chick?"

Plus at the end of the night, I was dancing with this other random girl, and we ended up making out. Just a fun, no strings attached drunk make out. Good fun for all involved.

This definitely was more fun than going to Utah for lacrosse would have been!

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com