Sunday, March 26, 2006
Toilet Overflow
Yes that's exactly what happened last night when I got home. I flushed the goddamn toilet. And it clogged. So I went at it with a plunger and thought I'd gotten it unclogged. Flushed again.
Unclogged my ass. Suddenly water was rising up towards the rim.. Uh oh. I barely had enough time to hurl my bathroom mat to safety and step out of the way before I found toilet bowl water all flooding my bathroom floor.
After a few minutes of panic in which I cursed the goddamn porcelain pot and wanted to run for my life. I got down to business, got a couple of rolls of paper towels, and mopped up the fucking mess. Paper towels because... wait for it... wait for it.... Stef doesn't own a mop. Yes. No mop. I don't own any sort of rag that would have soaked up the mess either. So I used a roll and a half of paper towels.
Wanna hear the ironic thing now? Yes you do. Because of the the accidental washing that it got, the floor actually looks cleaner now than it did before. Huzzah.
Spent all day with Crystal, Angela and Jenn yesterday since they are like the only other people I know left in Eugene. Me and Angela built Crystal's massive Ikea bookshelf for her while she made us "Tasty Treats" for lunch. That bookshelf was like 8 feet tall! I've not even kidding!
Crystal's Tasty Treats turned out to be these yummy vegan sandwiches with avocado, tomatoes, and alfalfa with mustard and vegannaise on bread that's been grilled in margarine, salt and pepper and something else. Meatless but surprisingly good.
Then we watched like three episodes of the L Word because I hadn't seen it in three weeks. And later that night we saw the new Amanda Bynes movie "She's the Man." The male lead, Channing Tatum, is fucking hot!!!!
Unclogged my ass. Suddenly water was rising up towards the rim.. Uh oh. I barely had enough time to hurl my bathroom mat to safety and step out of the way before I found toilet bowl water all flooding my bathroom floor.
After a few minutes of panic in which I cursed the goddamn porcelain pot and wanted to run for my life. I got down to business, got a couple of rolls of paper towels, and mopped up the fucking mess. Paper towels because... wait for it... wait for it.... Stef doesn't own a mop. Yes. No mop. I don't own any sort of rag that would have soaked up the mess either. So I used a roll and a half of paper towels.
Wanna hear the ironic thing now? Yes you do. Because of the the accidental washing that it got, the floor actually looks cleaner now than it did before. Huzzah.
Spent all day with Crystal, Angela and Jenn yesterday since they are like the only other people I know left in Eugene. Me and Angela built Crystal's massive Ikea bookshelf for her while she made us "Tasty Treats" for lunch. That bookshelf was like 8 feet tall! I've not even kidding!
Crystal's Tasty Treats turned out to be these yummy vegan sandwiches with avocado, tomatoes, and alfalfa with mustard and vegannaise on bread that's been grilled in margarine, salt and pepper and something else. Meatless but surprisingly good.
Then we watched like three episodes of the L Word because I hadn't seen it in three weeks. And later that night we saw the new Amanda Bynes movie "She's the Man." The male lead, Channing Tatum, is fucking hot!!!!
Comments:
Post a Comment