Sunday, March 12, 2006
Over a Small Hump, On to a Bigger One
So I guess my wait-and-see strategy kinda worked. I told myself yesterday that I'd wait for her to call me. And I wasn't disappointed. At about 5pm, she called me. She's just woken up because she'd been sleeping off a hangover. So I was glad I hadn't bombarded her phone and made myself out to be a desperate moron.
Deserve a pat on the back for my patience I think. But anyway, she called. We updated each other on our nights. Then talked about the night coming up. She asked me if I wanted to go to Jared's party with her. And I was like "Sure" you know.
So anyways, fast forward. I worked the catering thing for lacrosse and discovered that I have an alternative career option in the food service business because the Cravings (the catering company) people were super-impressed with my efficiency. They were like "Do you work for Cravings?" "Uh, no." "Well you should!" And they told me that on like three different ocassions throughout the night. That was funny.
Then I came home, took a shower, went over to Britt's for a while and met Beth at Rennie's where my fake almost didn't work! The bouncer must have stared at it for like an hour! Then he goes "Do you have a second piece of ID?" I act annoyed, pretend to be calling Beth on phone to see where she is, and at the same time absently tell him, "Yeah I have my credit card but its in my car." I guess the brusque confidence worked because he was like "Nah its okay, you're fine." And I just walked in and found Beth.
Shadra said she's call me at midnight after she got off her police ridealong. By 12.15, I still hadn't heard from her. So I called and left a message, and called again at 12:30. By this point I'd decided that she'd gone to the party without calling me and was already drunk and not picking up her phone.
Wrong. She called me at 12:45 saying she'd just gotten off her police thing. She ended up coming to meet me at Rennie's where I was playing pool with Beth and a bunch of people.
We stayed for a while, then went to Jared's party. But we didn't stay for long there either because she was pretty tired. When we left and got into her car, she was like "So I'm really tired, and I just want to go home." Which meant that she didn't want to spend the night, and didn't really want me to spend the night. "I'm the kind of person who needs alone time when I'm tired," she told me, "Don't take it personally 'kay?"
So she dropped me off, kissed me goodnight, and left. I'd say the tone of the night was pretty positive... so I guess we're still going. 22 now.
Deserve a pat on the back for my patience I think. But anyway, she called. We updated each other on our nights. Then talked about the night coming up. She asked me if I wanted to go to Jared's party with her. And I was like "Sure" you know.
So anyways, fast forward. I worked the catering thing for lacrosse and discovered that I have an alternative career option in the food service business because the Cravings (the catering company) people were super-impressed with my efficiency. They were like "Do you work for Cravings?" "Uh, no." "Well you should!" And they told me that on like three different ocassions throughout the night. That was funny.
Then I came home, took a shower, went over to Britt's for a while and met Beth at Rennie's where my fake almost didn't work! The bouncer must have stared at it for like an hour! Then he goes "Do you have a second piece of ID?" I act annoyed, pretend to be calling Beth on phone to see where she is, and at the same time absently tell him, "Yeah I have my credit card but its in my car." I guess the brusque confidence worked because he was like "Nah its okay, you're fine." And I just walked in and found Beth.
Shadra said she's call me at midnight after she got off her police ridealong. By 12.15, I still hadn't heard from her. So I called and left a message, and called again at 12:30. By this point I'd decided that she'd gone to the party without calling me and was already drunk and not picking up her phone.
Wrong. She called me at 12:45 saying she'd just gotten off her police thing. She ended up coming to meet me at Rennie's where I was playing pool with Beth and a bunch of people.
We stayed for a while, then went to Jared's party. But we didn't stay for long there either because she was pretty tired. When we left and got into her car, she was like "So I'm really tired, and I just want to go home." Which meant that she didn't want to spend the night, and didn't really want me to spend the night. "I'm the kind of person who needs alone time when I'm tired," she told me, "Don't take it personally 'kay?"
So she dropped me off, kissed me goodnight, and left. I'd say the tone of the night was pretty positive... so I guess we're still going. 22 now.
Comments:
Post a Comment