<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Lukewarm 

32 days into this thing and I'm getting lukewarm signals for the first time. Is this the beginning of the end? Who knows. I texted her today at about 5pm to say that I'd just turned in my Enterprise Story and that I was done with Reporting II. And to inquire into her progress with her own story.

Sometime during our exchange of messages I casually asked if she might like to get dinner in a couple of hours. She'd just started writing her paper at that point, and said that she didn't know if she'd have done enough in two hours, but that I should check back with her when I was ready to go eat.

So 7:45 rolls around and I text her to see if she's hungry. I give her options-- we can go get food, or I can get take out and bring it to her if she doesn't feel as if she's done enough work to justify a study break. I get a message back saying thanks for the offer, but that she couldn't leave yet, and that she wasn't all that hungry either.

Stumped. Oh well.

I suppose I should cut her some slack because it's finals week and all. But let's just say that I'm gonna play it a little coller over the next couple of days and see if she comes after me. After all, I've got reason to pretend I'm preoccupied-- I've got a final to take tomorrow, and my thesis due Friday. She knows my finals schedule. I told her last night.

And since she's done with finals tonight after she busts out that paper, she'll have no excuse to stay preoccupied after tonight. So we'll see if she comes after me, and if this thing ends up lasting into the fifth week.

P.S: I don't know wtf is wrong is blogger's time display, but this post was logged at 8:54pm... not 9am.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com