Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Lant's Goodbye Party
So I hosted Lanti's goodbye party last night. Nick and I made pasta, and a salad, and served up some bread as well. I also ordered a massive, fantabulous cake from Sweetlife. Champagne with peach mousse, and strawberry compote on the top. It was heaven.
It wasn't a surprise party because Lant had found out about it a by mistake a while ago. But the cake was a surprise. I think she liked that. So we just had a bunch of her friends show up, and there were about twenty people in my apartment at one point. No one was drinking because hey, its finals week. And people have finals to stay sober for.
But I think we all had a good time. It was nice to see people like Montia, whom I haven't seen in ages. Plus anytime me, Lanti and my roommates are together in the same room, its enough cause for some laughs.
I also gave her the bracelet that I'd bought her over Winter Break, which I've been hoarding for the last few months.
I guess there was kinda of a sad overtone to the party, but I didn't do too badly. In part because I was going crazy all of yesterday. I was just full of this really weird nervous energy that had me buzzing around, moving faster than everyone else, and making it impossible to sit still.
Shadra came at one point too. But it was kinda funny between us because I think she was uncomfortable at being in a room full of people she didn't know, and she was also really tired because she'd barely slept over the last 48 hours.
To be perfectly honest, things were 'off' enough between us that I went to bed at the end of the night wondering if maybe she was comingto the point where she was done with this whole thing and was just trying to figure out how to tell me. I've since convinced myself otherwise. Though it's still in the back of my head. But reason seems to indicate that I'm being overly-analytical here. She gets done with Finals today, and I'm hoping that will perk her up.
I've got a ton of work to do today. This is all gonna be great fun. Fantast.
It wasn't a surprise party because Lant had found out about it a by mistake a while ago. But the cake was a surprise. I think she liked that. So we just had a bunch of her friends show up, and there were about twenty people in my apartment at one point. No one was drinking because hey, its finals week. And people have finals to stay sober for.
But I think we all had a good time. It was nice to see people like Montia, whom I haven't seen in ages. Plus anytime me, Lanti and my roommates are together in the same room, its enough cause for some laughs.
I also gave her the bracelet that I'd bought her over Winter Break, which I've been hoarding for the last few months.
I guess there was kinda of a sad overtone to the party, but I didn't do too badly. In part because I was going crazy all of yesterday. I was just full of this really weird nervous energy that had me buzzing around, moving faster than everyone else, and making it impossible to sit still.
Shadra came at one point too. But it was kinda funny between us because I think she was uncomfortable at being in a room full of people she didn't know, and she was also really tired because she'd barely slept over the last 48 hours.
To be perfectly honest, things were 'off' enough between us that I went to bed at the end of the night wondering if maybe she was comingto the point where she was done with this whole thing and was just trying to figure out how to tell me. I've since convinced myself otherwise. Though it's still in the back of my head. But reason seems to indicate that I'm being overly-analytical here. She gets done with Finals today, and I'm hoping that will perk her up.
I've got a ton of work to do today. This is all gonna be great fun. Fantast.
Comments:
Post a Comment