Sunday, March 26, 2006
Grade A
Breakin' News! I just checked Duckweb for my grades. And wow. Reporting II: A. Chinese History: A. My seminar class for my history thesis: A+.
I got an A+ for my thesis. And here's the kicker. Alex, the professor, doesn't like giving out A+'s. It seldom happens. The only reason I know that is because I happened to catch sight of one of the recommendations he wrote me. See I got an A+ in his War and the Modern World class a couple of years back. And he wrote that I would've gotten another A+ in one of the other classes I'd taken with him if it hadn't been for the fact that he doesn't believe in giving out A+'s because no one can really be that perfect.
And I just got another A+ from him. Wow. I'm floored.
What this means for me is that all doubt has now been erased and there is no question as to whether I'm gonna expand on this thesis and turn it into an honors thesis so that I can graduate with History Honors next year. I already talked to Alex about it. And he's agreed to be my advisor. But I was going to wait and see how my thesis turned out before I decided whether or not to do an Honors thesis. Now, all I have to do is expand on the 26 pages I have and turn it into a 40-50 page honors thesis by June 2007. How hard is that gonna be? I'm fuckin golden!
I got an A+ for my thesis. And here's the kicker. Alex, the professor, doesn't like giving out A+'s. It seldom happens. The only reason I know that is because I happened to catch sight of one of the recommendations he wrote me. See I got an A+ in his War and the Modern World class a couple of years back. And he wrote that I would've gotten another A+ in one of the other classes I'd taken with him if it hadn't been for the fact that he doesn't believe in giving out A+'s because no one can really be that perfect.
And I just got another A+ from him. Wow. I'm floored.
What this means for me is that all doubt has now been erased and there is no question as to whether I'm gonna expand on this thesis and turn it into an honors thesis so that I can graduate with History Honors next year. I already talked to Alex about it. And he's agreed to be my advisor. But I was going to wait and see how my thesis turned out before I decided whether or not to do an Honors thesis. Now, all I have to do is expand on the 26 pages I have and turn it into a 40-50 page honors thesis by June 2007. How hard is that gonna be? I'm fuckin golden!
Comments:
Post a Comment