Thursday, March 16, 2006
Basking in the Sun
Well the day got progressively better after the first few hours. We got to LA, changed into our swimsuits and sat by the pool sunbathing for like 3 hours. Then went to lunch, came back, sat by the pool some more, and headed up to the rooms for a nap.
We had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, which is like ten times better than the one back home. I had Peking Duck Pizza. It tasted exactly like the Peking Duck they serve at Chinese weddings. I could hardly believe my fuckin tastebuds! Fantastic stuff.
Of course the thing that made my day was having Shadra call me at about 1:20 this afternoon. Well actually she texted me first. Something like "1:20 and no one to have lunch with." That's because we normally meet for lunch at 1:20 Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays since our schedules coincide.
I texted her back. But she called me to tell me something that Jared, her good friend, said last night. See at the Emerald party last weekend, I was talking to Jared for a while, and we were discussing dating and stuff like that. I happened to ask him if he was single. Just as part of the conversation. It's not like I'm into him because hey, I'm bonkers over his best friend.
But anyway, the other night he told Shadra that he thought I was "coming on to him." And apparently, when she was at the bar with him last night, he mentioned it again. "Stef would totally jump my bones if I called her right now," he told her.
Now this guy's not a player or a jackass by any means. In fact, he's a pretty nice guy. Which is why it's all the more ludicrous to hear that he thinks I'm coming onto him and that I want to jump him. I mean hey, he's the one reading more into this whole thing than is actually there. I think he's the one who wants to jump me really.
So Shadra and I had a good laugh over that. Oh the irony of it all. He's not the one I want to jump.
Still, she called me though. And we were talking about planning our weekends and stuff, and she's gonna come party with me Monday night, at Lanti's party. Which is nice because I really want her there.
Day 27... looking good.
We had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, which is like ten times better than the one back home. I had Peking Duck Pizza. It tasted exactly like the Peking Duck they serve at Chinese weddings. I could hardly believe my fuckin tastebuds! Fantastic stuff.
Of course the thing that made my day was having Shadra call me at about 1:20 this afternoon. Well actually she texted me first. Something like "1:20 and no one to have lunch with." That's because we normally meet for lunch at 1:20 Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays since our schedules coincide.
I texted her back. But she called me to tell me something that Jared, her good friend, said last night. See at the Emerald party last weekend, I was talking to Jared for a while, and we were discussing dating and stuff like that. I happened to ask him if he was single. Just as part of the conversation. It's not like I'm into him because hey, I'm bonkers over his best friend.
But anyway, the other night he told Shadra that he thought I was "coming on to him." And apparently, when she was at the bar with him last night, he mentioned it again. "Stef would totally jump my bones if I called her right now," he told her.
Now this guy's not a player or a jackass by any means. In fact, he's a pretty nice guy. Which is why it's all the more ludicrous to hear that he thinks I'm coming onto him and that I want to jump him. I mean hey, he's the one reading more into this whole thing than is actually there. I think he's the one who wants to jump me really.
So Shadra and I had a good laugh over that. Oh the irony of it all. He's not the one I want to jump.
Still, she called me though. And we were talking about planning our weekends and stuff, and she's gonna come party with me Monday night, at Lanti's party. Which is nice because I really want her there.
Day 27... looking good.
Comments:
Post a Comment