<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 24, 2006

26 pages, 26 hours and 45 minutes later... 

Yup. I busted the thing out in 26 hours and 45 minutes. My thesis is 26 pages long and I just turned it in and goddamn it it feels hella good to be free. My head's spinning, and I have about 40 books strewn all over my floor. But that's okay. I'm done. It's almost uncomprehensible. But I am.

And true to her word, Shadra called me today. I guess she does want to stay friends. No lip service here, unlike several other fuckheads I've attempted to 'stay friends with' after dating in the past. She called at about 4:15 to see how the paper was going. And we talked pretty easily, as in no awkwardness. Which was good too. She said she'd been meaning to call me all day, but shit got in the way, and when Eminem's "Shake that Ass for Me" came on the radio, she absolutely HAD to call me. Because that's the song we like to get down to. (As in dance... nothing dirty... so get your dirty minds out of the gutter people.)

So she had to head home to Madras to visit her parents earlier than expected, which is why she was already on the road when she called me. And that kinda sucks because I was looking forward to using the fake that I just got and hitting up the bars with her for a celebratory beer or two. But it's all good. She'll be back Monday. And then we're gonna drive up to P-Town so that I can catch my flight to Telluride early Tuesday morning.

I'm done.

Lanti's still here. She's not packed yet, and hence can't move. Which is kinda nice because it seems to me as if everyone else I know has already busted out of town.

But that's ok.

I'm done.

I'm done.

I'm done. And I think it's pretty good too dammit.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com