<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Steps in the Right Direction 

I had my informational interview with Bellamy today, and I think it went well. He gave me a tour of the Register-Guard, bought me an iced-tea, and then we sat down to talk.

He said he'd heard about me from Kathy when he'd call her to check up on another person they were thinking of hiring because that person had listed her as a reference.

And he didn't say it in these words exactly, but he made it seem like when he told her what position he was hiring for, she told him that I'd be the ideal candidate. And I think she must have given me a pretty raving review because he kept saying that I'd have been perfect for the position they'd just filled, and that if he had seen my resume back then, he would have hired me.

So we just talked about my career goals, why I like covering sports, and stuff like that. He's a swell guy. Very paternal and down to earth. And I honestly have no idea what Kathy must have told him to make him think as highly of me as he seemed to because he said several times that he'd like to have me on staff in the future.

It definitely went well. I left him my resume, and he told me to keep in contact, and said that he'd contact me if they had any more openings.

Looks promising I guess. If nothing else, it's networking. And that's always valuable.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com