<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A New Hope 

Today felt like a better day from the minute I sat up in bed this morning. Probably partly because of the sun. Yup. It was sunny for the first time in like two weeks. I spent the day walking around in basketball shorts, a sweatshirt and a baseball cap turned backwards.

Today also turned out to bring a couple of good omens. For one thing, I saw Britt briefly-- if only for like two seconds-- and things seemed normal. We were our same raucous selves. No awkwardness. At least as far as I could tell. Because after all, it was only a meeting in passing at the Rec Center.

Also, Crystal and Angela surprised me with how helpful they were being in the situation. Crystal called me this afternoon to check up on me and see if I were okay. I ended up meeting her, and we talked for a bit while I walked her to work.

This was when I found out that she had told Angela.

At first I freaked out because I felt like things were spiralling out of my control now that EVERYONE seemed to know. I called Angela to basically beg her to keep her mouth shut.

And wow. She was just so helpful. I guess it's because she's friends with Britt too. She knows her as well as I do, and cares about her as much as I do. She had some good insight into the situation.

The other nice part was that neither Crystal or Ange seemed to think that Britt and me dating was out of the realm of possibility. They seemed to see it as a distinct possibility, but one that would involve some measure courage, mutual communication and some sacrifice on both my part and hers.

And I hung up the phone with Angela feeling as if I wasn't alone in this situation anymore. Somewhere out there in the hugely small gay world where everyone knows everyone else, two people were silently rooting for me.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com