Friday, February 10, 2006
Most Emotionally Exhausting Week Ever
Well the good thing is that it's almost over. We're finally at Friday. And today I leave with the team for Walla Walla, which at this point is probably a good thing. Think it'll do me some good to get a change of environment for a couple of days.
At any rate, I will probably never be any more pathetic than I felt last night. I got home from Target where I'd been shopping for a Valentine's Day card for Clarence, watched the O.C, took a shower, and by 10:30 p.m. wanted nothing more than to curl up in a ball in bed and disappear from the world.
So I was in bed by 10:30 writing, and asleep before midnight. That's never happened. I think I've gotten more sleep this week than I have in the last two combined because emotional happenings make you want to disappear from the world, and your body firmly decides to shut down and go to bed as a defense coping mechanism.
Whatev.
The one thing I left out from yesterday was that Crystal called me in the afternoon, and I met her for a while before practice. She had news for me. Britt called Angela to ask her to lunch. Said she wanted to talk. Angela asked her what she wanted to talk about. Britt said she'd tell her at lunch.
So they had lunch yesterday. Both a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that the "thing" Britt wants to talk about is probably this crazy situation with me. Which means that she's at least been thinking about it.
The bad thing is that my gut tells me this is the talk about how Stef is suddenly acting all weird and into her, and she doesn't know what to do or how to let me down easy. That's just my intuition talking. There's really no actual basis for my suspicion. But I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.
As it stands, I'm actually glad that Crystal leaked my secret to Angela. Because she seemed very sympathetic towards me when I talked to her the other day. And at least I got to her before Britt did. So maybe she'll throw in a couple of good words for me.
I guess I'll find out eventually since I made Crystal promise to tell me what happened between them at lunch. So I'll be calling her today to badger her. She owes me a favor after she blabbed my secret to her girlfriend!
At any rate, I will probably never be any more pathetic than I felt last night. I got home from Target where I'd been shopping for a Valentine's Day card for Clarence, watched the O.C, took a shower, and by 10:30 p.m. wanted nothing more than to curl up in a ball in bed and disappear from the world.
So I was in bed by 10:30 writing, and asleep before midnight. That's never happened. I think I've gotten more sleep this week than I have in the last two combined because emotional happenings make you want to disappear from the world, and your body firmly decides to shut down and go to bed as a defense coping mechanism.
Whatev.
The one thing I left out from yesterday was that Crystal called me in the afternoon, and I met her for a while before practice. She had news for me. Britt called Angela to ask her to lunch. Said she wanted to talk. Angela asked her what she wanted to talk about. Britt said she'd tell her at lunch.
So they had lunch yesterday. Both a good thing and a bad thing. The good thing is that the "thing" Britt wants to talk about is probably this crazy situation with me. Which means that she's at least been thinking about it.
The bad thing is that my gut tells me this is the talk about how Stef is suddenly acting all weird and into her, and she doesn't know what to do or how to let me down easy. That's just my intuition talking. There's really no actual basis for my suspicion. But I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.
As it stands, I'm actually glad that Crystal leaked my secret to Angela. Because she seemed very sympathetic towards me when I talked to her the other day. And at least I got to her before Britt did. So maybe she'll throw in a couple of good words for me.
I guess I'll find out eventually since I made Crystal promise to tell me what happened between them at lunch. So I'll be calling her today to badger her. She owes me a favor after she blabbed my secret to her girlfriend!
Comments:
Post a Comment