Sunday, February 26, 2006
In a Funk
I've been in a really weird mood since last night. Was supposed to work a benefit show at Luckey's for Take Back the Night. But since I'm not 21, that didnt work out so well, since Luckey's is a bar. So I stopped by my friend Tara's film fest, ran into Shadra there, and ended up going back to the Emerald office with her because she wanted help writing a sports story for our reporting class.
So we did that, then I left to go to this really lame party with Britt and Alicia. We opened the door, and saw Sheena and her girlfriend there. Which made for some sufficiently awkward conversation since I'm convinced that Sheena's girlfriend, Molly, does not like me.
Somehow, I got into this really weird depressive funk during that party. Not even because of Sheena. I really don't give a rat's ass about her anymore, and in fact I spent some of last night wondering why I was ever into her.
At any rate, we eventually left that party and went over to my friend Ben's party. That was a little more fun because people like Angela, and Jenn, and Alec were there. But somehow, I couldn't shake my funk. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me, and I ended up begging out after a half hour and just leaving. Leaving everyone wondering why I was upset.
I have no clue.
Today, I spent 8 hours watching the men's and women's tennis teams play. Then went to dinner at Sweet Basil with Nick, Lanti, and her parents. Dinner was fun, actually the highlight of my day till now really.
But I'm still kinda in that funk. I have no idea why. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I still can't figure this chick out. Shadra I mean. She's just unreadable. And just when she has me thinking that maybe she is genuinely into me, she turns around and does something, or doesn't do something, that makes me think otherwise.
Or maybe its because I spent a good part of last night making small talk with Sheena and girlfriend. Or maybe it's got something to do with the way Britt and I are 'cool' but not. I don't know. It's probably everything put together, plus the fact that I'm still worrying about how the fuck I'm gonna get my thesis written by the end of the term.
I just have to stop stressing and let things flow really.
So we did that, then I left to go to this really lame party with Britt and Alicia. We opened the door, and saw Sheena and her girlfriend there. Which made for some sufficiently awkward conversation since I'm convinced that Sheena's girlfriend, Molly, does not like me.
Somehow, I got into this really weird depressive funk during that party. Not even because of Sheena. I really don't give a rat's ass about her anymore, and in fact I spent some of last night wondering why I was ever into her.
At any rate, we eventually left that party and went over to my friend Ben's party. That was a little more fun because people like Angela, and Jenn, and Alec were there. But somehow, I couldn't shake my funk. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me, and I ended up begging out after a half hour and just leaving. Leaving everyone wondering why I was upset.
I have no clue.
Today, I spent 8 hours watching the men's and women's tennis teams play. Then went to dinner at Sweet Basil with Nick, Lanti, and her parents. Dinner was fun, actually the highlight of my day till now really.
But I'm still kinda in that funk. I have no idea why. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I still can't figure this chick out. Shadra I mean. She's just unreadable. And just when she has me thinking that maybe she is genuinely into me, she turns around and does something, or doesn't do something, that makes me think otherwise.
Or maybe its because I spent a good part of last night making small talk with Sheena and girlfriend. Or maybe it's got something to do with the way Britt and I are 'cool' but not. I don't know. It's probably everything put together, plus the fact that I'm still worrying about how the fuck I'm gonna get my thesis written by the end of the term.
I just have to stop stressing and let things flow really.
Comments:
Post a Comment