Tuesday, February 28, 2006
How Much is Too Much?
I've lamented my lack of patience more often than I care to remember. And today's one of those days where I find myself wishing that I had more of it than I currently do.
But I hate waiting, and I hate playing the waiting thing. When I want something, I want it NOW. And that's why I'm sitting here wondering if I should text her. Wanting to ask her to come over after work because I didn't get to see her last night. But fearing that it might be too fast too soon you know? And I already asked her out this morning.
IHop was giving out free pancakes today, so Keir, Shasta and I decided to go get some. I texted Shadra to see if she wanted to come. She came, with Jared and Steve in tow. Greeted me with a hug, and we all sat down to some free food.
So I was the last one to ask her out. Not to mention I had the last word last night too. She texted me first to say what's up. And I asked her to come over, she said she would. But then the Student Government took it into their heads to hold a fucking meeting at 10pm, and didn't get done till 12:30. Which means that she was stuck in the office till 3am and couldn't come over.
I got the last word in with a pretty flirty text message though.
So basically I feel like I've used up all my chance cards, and its her turn to throw a proposition at me. Because I don't want to come across as too eager. But at the same time, I really want to see her tonight. And that's not gonna happen unless I ask her over.
Dammit.
But I hate waiting, and I hate playing the waiting thing. When I want something, I want it NOW. And that's why I'm sitting here wondering if I should text her. Wanting to ask her to come over after work because I didn't get to see her last night. But fearing that it might be too fast too soon you know? And I already asked her out this morning.
IHop was giving out free pancakes today, so Keir, Shasta and I decided to go get some. I texted Shadra to see if she wanted to come. She came, with Jared and Steve in tow. Greeted me with a hug, and we all sat down to some free food.
So I was the last one to ask her out. Not to mention I had the last word last night too. She texted me first to say what's up. And I asked her to come over, she said she would. But then the Student Government took it into their heads to hold a fucking meeting at 10pm, and didn't get done till 12:30. Which means that she was stuck in the office till 3am and couldn't come over.
I got the last word in with a pretty flirty text message though.
So basically I feel like I've used up all my chance cards, and its her turn to throw a proposition at me. Because I don't want to come across as too eager. But at the same time, I really want to see her tonight. And that's not gonna happen unless I ask her over.
Dammit.
Comments:
Post a Comment