<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Business As Usual 

Well its Valentine's Day today. And my streak of three V-Days in a row with an actual V-Day date is officially over. But that's okay. It snowed today! The last time it snowed was my freshman year. Walking to class with the snow coming down on my hooded head was just surreal. I love snow.

I wrote Valentine's cards to my closest friends. Lanti, Kara, Sully and Crystal. Plus I wrote one to Britt telling her that her friendship meant a lot to me, and that while I may be sort of attracted to her, I wasn't looking for anything.

And yes, I know she read it because I ran into her towards the end of the day and she said something to the effect of thanks for the card.

So I'm done with that whole situation.

Basically, I just went to class today, met Kathy, my journalism professor, who wanted to discuss diversity issues within the J-school, and am now chilling before I head over to Welker's with Sully and Kara to watch chickflicks and gorge ourselves on Valentine's chocs.

That's pretty much it.

Lanti's on a hot date with Nick right now. He's taking her to the coast for a night. What struck me when I stood by as she kissed him today was how perfect they seemed together. It's fucking cute. And I guess in a way, it made me slightly less bitter about this whole Valentine's Day thing. Because right now they're the epitome of the cute lovey dovey couple who are absolutely in love with each other, no strings attached. And it's nice to get a reminder sometimes of how that still does exist in the world.

Oh, the thing I didn't say was that I sent Clarence a little V-Day gift. I picked up a book for him at Barnes and Noble the other day-- "The Best Sportswriting of 2005" and anthology. And I sent that to him with a little V-day card. He loved it. And called to tell me that it's the most meaningful Valentine's Day gift he's ever gotten.

Which was nice to hear.

So that's it for me. Feb. 14th be damned. No luck this year, maybe it'll be different next year. There's always hope.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com