Monday, February 13, 2006
The Art of War
A good friend recently told me that one thing she admired about me was my drive and the way I actively pursue things that I really want. I know she meant that more in terms of schoolwork and such, but I think it applies to more than that. I think it applies to my personality in general.
I fight for what I want. I can't stand back and wait for shit to happen. That's not me. But that's where it gets tricky. Because while you can control your own emotions and actions, you can't control anyone else's. And therefore you cannot engage the opponent if she's not willing to confront you.
Ok so maybe that doesn't make as much sense as it did in my head.
But the long and the short of it is that Britt is currently avoiding me because she probably thinks I want to complicate her life and beg her to be my girlfriend. When I really don't. If she'd actually give me the damn chance to talk to her, she'd realize right off the bat that the only thing I want is to establish where I stand in her life. I would tell her that although I am attracted to her, I realize that this is not the time or place for either of us to act on any sort of attraction. That's all I want to say.
She's just not giving me the chance to say it because she's hiding from me. So what do we do? We sit back and wait. I like to fight for what I want, but it's really hard to fight when the person you're trying to get through to won't even grant you a meeting on the battlefield.
Dammit.
I fight for what I want. I can't stand back and wait for shit to happen. That's not me. But that's where it gets tricky. Because while you can control your own emotions and actions, you can't control anyone else's. And therefore you cannot engage the opponent if she's not willing to confront you.
Ok so maybe that doesn't make as much sense as it did in my head.
But the long and the short of it is that Britt is currently avoiding me because she probably thinks I want to complicate her life and beg her to be my girlfriend. When I really don't. If she'd actually give me the damn chance to talk to her, she'd realize right off the bat that the only thing I want is to establish where I stand in her life. I would tell her that although I am attracted to her, I realize that this is not the time or place for either of us to act on any sort of attraction. That's all I want to say.
She's just not giving me the chance to say it because she's hiding from me. So what do we do? We sit back and wait. I like to fight for what I want, but it's really hard to fight when the person you're trying to get through to won't even grant you a meeting on the battlefield.
Dammit.
Comments:
Post a Comment