Friday, January 20, 2006
To Relearn is to Revitalize
There are times when I feel as if lacrosse is sucking my vitality away bit by painful bit. Like when we're running sprints, and I realize--from the way the crazy frosh are absolutely schooling me-- that I I've dropped speed since last year, and I'm really not as fast as I used to be. Or like when I'm stuck in a rut, playing badly and not getting playing time, and wondering why on earth I'm spending so much time on this sport.
But then there are times like today, when everything seems to go perfectly. My passing is dead accurate. I can catch left handed. I shoot crazy goals off a 2-on-2 set that make people gasp. And suddenly, its like I'm having fun again. The pieces are fitting together again and I can't imagine why I ever entertained the idea of dropping lacrosse.
Two good practices this week. Is this an omen of better things to come? Here's to hoping the answer to that question is 'fuck yeah.'
Today was busy as all hell. My Reporting II class met at the Lane County Courthouse this morning, and I learnt some nifty little investigative techniques-- such as how to sift through public records and look for dirt on people.
Then I had to rush to the Women's Center for another crazy day at work. And afterwards there was class to go to. Then lacrosse.
Then I had to cover tonight's women's basketball game after lacrosse. For Reporting II again. Me and Keir had a blast being official media for a day. Media room, press box, talking to the coach and players after the game. The whole enchilada. But we only got done at 9:30pm.
And I had to spend the rest of the night writing the damn article because I had a midnight deadline.
Right now I'm so drained that I don't even want to go to bed. I just want some time to myself. To chill. And not do a damn thing.
But then there are times like today, when everything seems to go perfectly. My passing is dead accurate. I can catch left handed. I shoot crazy goals off a 2-on-2 set that make people gasp. And suddenly, its like I'm having fun again. The pieces are fitting together again and I can't imagine why I ever entertained the idea of dropping lacrosse.
Two good practices this week. Is this an omen of better things to come? Here's to hoping the answer to that question is 'fuck yeah.'
Today was busy as all hell. My Reporting II class met at the Lane County Courthouse this morning, and I learnt some nifty little investigative techniques-- such as how to sift through public records and look for dirt on people.
Then I had to rush to the Women's Center for another crazy day at work. And afterwards there was class to go to. Then lacrosse.
Then I had to cover tonight's women's basketball game after lacrosse. For Reporting II again. Me and Keir had a blast being official media for a day. Media room, press box, talking to the coach and players after the game. The whole enchilada. But we only got done at 9:30pm.
And I had to spend the rest of the night writing the damn article because I had a midnight deadline.
Right now I'm so drained that I don't even want to go to bed. I just want some time to myself. To chill. And not do a damn thing.
Comments:
Post a Comment