Friday, January 27, 2006
Longest MacCourt Clean Up Ever
Good god. Tonight was absolutely ridiculous. I'm a junior now, and its my third year on the team. So I've done these MacCourt clean ups several times already. And it never takes more than about two hours. But tonight it seemed as if the court would never get clean! I don't know if we had less people than we normally do, or if we were just less efficient.
But whatever it was, it took us a whopping THREE hours to get the place cleaned up to the satisfaction of the supervisor. I was picking up crap, cleaning, and sweeping for THREE HOURS. I especially liked that hour when I went around looking for trash bags that people had already filled, and dragging them outside to heave them into the dumpsters. It was exhausting work. My armed feel like I just bench pressed for three hours!
As we were walking to my car afterwards, Lanti told me that she hadn't gotten the London internship that she'd wanted so much. Which meant that she wouldn't get to go to London in the Spring. Which sucked because both of us had practically assumed that she was totally in the program already.
So I feel terrible for her. I kinda know what its like to not get something you worked pretty hard for and thought was already yours. I didn't get accepted to the Association of Women in Sports Media internship program either.
But on the same note, this kinda means that she'll probably be here in Eugene for another term. Hypothetically, she's already completed all her graduation requirements and could technically graduate at the end of this term. But since she didn't get the internship, her mom thinks she should stay till the end of the school year and write an honors thesis.
And I kinda like that plan because this means that I get to keep my best friend here for another term. So that's nice. And then when she graduates, my sister pops right in next Fall to take her place. Sounds fucking perfect to me!
Aside from all that, today was just more work. At this point, I'm spending more time on the Women's Center and the Emerald combined than I am on school itself.
My professional life is absorbing every minute of my spare time. And my personal life seems to have hit a standstill.
But whatever it was, it took us a whopping THREE hours to get the place cleaned up to the satisfaction of the supervisor. I was picking up crap, cleaning, and sweeping for THREE HOURS. I especially liked that hour when I went around looking for trash bags that people had already filled, and dragging them outside to heave them into the dumpsters. It was exhausting work. My armed feel like I just bench pressed for three hours!
As we were walking to my car afterwards, Lanti told me that she hadn't gotten the London internship that she'd wanted so much. Which meant that she wouldn't get to go to London in the Spring. Which sucked because both of us had practically assumed that she was totally in the program already.
So I feel terrible for her. I kinda know what its like to not get something you worked pretty hard for and thought was already yours. I didn't get accepted to the Association of Women in Sports Media internship program either.
But on the same note, this kinda means that she'll probably be here in Eugene for another term. Hypothetically, she's already completed all her graduation requirements and could technically graduate at the end of this term. But since she didn't get the internship, her mom thinks she should stay till the end of the school year and write an honors thesis.
And I kinda like that plan because this means that I get to keep my best friend here for another term. So that's nice. And then when she graduates, my sister pops right in next Fall to take her place. Sounds fucking perfect to me!
Aside from all that, today was just more work. At this point, I'm spending more time on the Women's Center and the Emerald combined than I am on school itself.
My professional life is absorbing every minute of my spare time. And my personal life seems to have hit a standstill.
Comments:
Post a Comment