Wednesday, January 18, 2006
History Thesis
Yup, I'm writing my thesis this term. A 25-page paper is due in exactly 9 weeks. And I have yet to pick a topic.
The problem is that I have a whole bunch of different interests. So somehow I can't quite zero in on any one in particular. Right now I'm looking at a list of about 10 options that I came up with at the library tonight.
Other than that, nothing noteworthy happened today. I actually managed to NOT fall asleep in my China history class though. I think the trick to staying awake in a boring class is to keep engaged the entire time. Make yourself ask questions because if you're asking 'em, it means you've gotta be thinking about something. Then the brain can't fall asleep.
I also got certified in Rock Climbing today, so I can now climb without the instructor having to check my knot and harness every single damn time I want to get on the wall. That's definitely gonna be nice.
I'm going through a strange social-life induced phase of mood swings. Down one minute, up the next. Down a lot though. What the hell do you do when you're stuck in a semi-triangular situation?
I know this makes no sense. But it doesn't make very much more sense to me either. I'm trying to rationalize my own emotions right now. And when I have them figured out or it something else happens, I'll post.
The problem is that I have a whole bunch of different interests. So somehow I can't quite zero in on any one in particular. Right now I'm looking at a list of about 10 options that I came up with at the library tonight.
Other than that, nothing noteworthy happened today. I actually managed to NOT fall asleep in my China history class though. I think the trick to staying awake in a boring class is to keep engaged the entire time. Make yourself ask questions because if you're asking 'em, it means you've gotta be thinking about something. Then the brain can't fall asleep.
I also got certified in Rock Climbing today, so I can now climb without the instructor having to check my knot and harness every single damn time I want to get on the wall. That's definitely gonna be nice.
I'm going through a strange social-life induced phase of mood swings. Down one minute, up the next. Down a lot though. What the hell do you do when you're stuck in a semi-triangular situation?
I know this makes no sense. But it doesn't make very much more sense to me either. I'm trying to rationalize my own emotions right now. And when I have them figured out or it something else happens, I'll post.
Comments:
Post a Comment