<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fun Again 

Lacrosse was fun again today. It's taken a while for me to be able to say that again. But finally, I can honestly say that I had an absolutely great time at tonight's practice.

I don't know why. I don't know what exactly it was that made this practice so awesome. But my gut tells me that its because I somehow got more playing time today. I got put in with the first-stringers on 7-on-7 a lot. And that makes a ton of difference to me. I stay focused longer, and I'm more agressive.

I hate saying that though. It's against my personal athletic philosophy. I generally like to think that I play for the love of the game. But that's part truth and part lie. Because the simple fact is that I play because I live to compete. And when you take that dimension out of the equation, half the fun is gone. Which means I'm only half the player I really could be when I'm playing with the reserves.

Of course there's always that Catch-22 problem. And that means that if I wanna be first string all the time, I've gotta first prove that I can totally school the reserves. See the problem here? Yup.

Oh well.

After practice, I went bouldering with Parker at the indoor rock wall. We then went to this talk put on by the Outdoor Program about Avalanche Safety and Rescue. Then Parker bought me dinner and showed me her dorm room. I got home at 10 and have been talking to Clarence online ever since.

We have come to the conclusion that we were both being stupid and tentative in LA, and that we should have just made out there and then. Apparently we're still on the same page regarding how we feel about each other. That's good to know.

So that means we're definitely gonna make out the next time I see him!

:D

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com