Sunday, January 08, 2006
And So It Begins... Drama
Angela found out that I slept with her girlfriend last year. And she's not happy about it. To say the least. Not happy to the extent that she decided not to come over to Britt's to watch the L Word because she didn't want to see me.
Which is how I found out that she'd found out.
Good god. This is all getting complicated. It sucks that Angela's pissed off at me right now because we were just becoming friends. We'd just started hanging out, doing things together. And now, someone drops this bomb. Fantastic.
I wasn't naive enough to believe that she would NEVER find out. I knew it would happen eventually. I just we'd gotten to the point where I was hoping my friendship with her would be solid enough at the time she found out that a) we'd laugh it off and not care (ok, so maybe that's wishful thinking) or b) I could talk to her about it. On my own time.
As it stands right now, I'm not even supposed to know that she knows because she told Britt not to tell me. Ugh. So complicated. So now, I'm not sure exactly how to prepare my defense. Is she mad with the fact that I slept with her girlfriend? Or is she mad that everyone but her seems to know about it?
I dunno.
In MY defense:
1) Crystal explicitly told me that they were in an OPEN RELATIONSHIP at the time. Meaning they were seeing other people.
2) More to the point, while I may have been the one who told Crystal I had a crush on her, SHE was the one who asked me out.
3) She was also the one who decided to sleep on the couch with me that night, instead of sleeping in her own bed and leaving me alone on the couch, as she very well could have.
I'm not saying I'm blameless. Open relationship or no, going on a date with someone whom I knew haad a girlfriend obviously wasn't the most morally upright thing I could have done. But at the time, I was just coming out. There was NO WAY I'd have had the guts to go after Crystal if she hadn't come on to me first. So there.
The timing of this whole thing now kinda sucks because Angela and Crystal just got back together. Think about it. They were apart for a full six months. And none of this came out. Suddenly, they get back together and Angela finds out. I think Crystal probably told her. Came clean to her. In that case I'm screwed because hey, its her girlfriend's word against mine. And if you were in A's shoes, who would you rather believe? Just so it would hurt less...
Welcome to the world of Dyke Drama and my own private L Word. Yay.
Which is how I found out that she'd found out.
Good god. This is all getting complicated. It sucks that Angela's pissed off at me right now because we were just becoming friends. We'd just started hanging out, doing things together. And now, someone drops this bomb. Fantastic.
I wasn't naive enough to believe that she would NEVER find out. I knew it would happen eventually. I just we'd gotten to the point where I was hoping my friendship with her would be solid enough at the time she found out that a) we'd laugh it off and not care (ok, so maybe that's wishful thinking) or b) I could talk to her about it. On my own time.
As it stands right now, I'm not even supposed to know that she knows because she told Britt not to tell me. Ugh. So complicated. So now, I'm not sure exactly how to prepare my defense. Is she mad with the fact that I slept with her girlfriend? Or is she mad that everyone but her seems to know about it?
I dunno.
In MY defense:
1) Crystal explicitly told me that they were in an OPEN RELATIONSHIP at the time. Meaning they were seeing other people.
2) More to the point, while I may have been the one who told Crystal I had a crush on her, SHE was the one who asked me out.
3) She was also the one who decided to sleep on the couch with me that night, instead of sleeping in her own bed and leaving me alone on the couch, as she very well could have.
I'm not saying I'm blameless. Open relationship or no, going on a date with someone whom I knew haad a girlfriend obviously wasn't the most morally upright thing I could have done. But at the time, I was just coming out. There was NO WAY I'd have had the guts to go after Crystal if she hadn't come on to me first. So there.
The timing of this whole thing now kinda sucks because Angela and Crystal just got back together. Think about it. They were apart for a full six months. And none of this came out. Suddenly, they get back together and Angela finds out. I think Crystal probably told her. Came clean to her. In that case I'm screwed because hey, its her girlfriend's word against mine. And if you were in A's shoes, who would you rather believe? Just so it would hurt less...
Welcome to the world of Dyke Drama and my own private L Word. Yay.
Comments:
Post a Comment