<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Slow Burning Sting 

I saw Katie at the Drag Show put on by the Cultural Forum tonight. She was sitting four rows behind me with Kim and Mario. They didn't see me.

It was the first time I'd seen her since we talked last Monday.

I left the show early, about the same time they did. And ran into them right outside the EMU where they'd gone to take a smoke break.

We made small talk. Me and Katie. How's your Dead Week? You surviving? How many finals do you have. Your hair looks good. That last one from me to her because she'd gotten a new haircut, and it really did look pretty good.

Then I said bye and left.

And that's just it.

A week and a half ago this girl was one of my best friends. She was my gaydar and my go-to girl for just about everything. She kept it real.

And now, we're really just strangers who happen to say hi when they see each other. The kid you sit next to in English class all term long and strike up a superficial "How was your weekend?" kind of friendship with.

What bullshit. You don't drop your friends when you find a girlfriend or booyfriend. You just don't. It's not done. And the worst thing is that I STILL can't even feel mad at her because I'm not. She's one of my best friends. It takes a lot ot get me mad to the point of no return. Apparently more than I thought, because I'm evidently not there yet.

So I'm still a puppet. It feels like freshman year all over again.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com