<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Writing in the Clutch 

Guess who completely spaced last night?

That's right. Me.

I came home at 11pm, helped Sully peel apples for the apple pie that we're baking to take to Red's house for Thanksgiving. Then we went and got a midnight snack from Wendy's. Came back, hung out, and I went to bed at 2am.

Woke up at 3:50am to take Lanti to the airport to catch her flight home for Thanksgiving. Got back home at 5am, and went right to bed.

Woke up again at 9, and went into work at 9:30. Worked on a couple of press releases. Amidst all that, I check my email at 10:30, and fucking panic.

My journalism professor emailed everyone reminding us that our Interview Profile Re-write is due at noon today.

Holy hell. The only think I could think about was how I'd COMPLETELY spaced and forgotten to rewrite my profile.

It's at times like these that I thank my lucky stars that live two blocks away from campus. I ran home, sat down, busted my butt and churned out that story. I had to rewrite the intro, and the conclusion, and had to fill in bits in between.

But I made it. I got it finished, and back to my professor's office by 12:05.

Phew. Thank god for the ability to bullshit in a clutch situation!!!!

And now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's going to be a great weekend! I'm going up to Hillsboro with Red and Sully this afternoon to spend Thanksgiving with Red's family. Eating, shopping, and disc golfing.

But there's more. Crystal called at 9 a.m. this morning. She changed her Thanksgiving plans and decided to come back to Eugene to visit this weekend! She gets into town tomorrow!! So I scrambled and changed my plans too. Now, instead of being in Hillsboro till Sunday morning as planned, I'm hitching a ride back down to Eugene with my friend Jenn on Saturday afternoon.

So we'll be back in town Saturday evening, and will have a whole day to hang out with Crystal before she goes back to New York Sunday evening.

Hopefully, without any major snafus, everything will work out as planned.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com