Friday, November 04, 2005
Patience Pays Off
I never thought I'd say this, but I finally see the value in patience. I backed off the whole Sheena thing for two days. And finally, tonight I'm rewarded with a text message from her saying, "Hey how's it going? Sorry I'm so busy this week. Maybe we can get together tomorrow after six. Let me know what works for you. I hope your week has been good." That's verbatim by the way.
I know it's not much to look at, but at this point a little something goes a long way.
And I also think that's its the guy up there's way of telling me that patience really does pay off sometimes. Well, patience and abstinence anyway. See today I went to visit Anna and have lunch with her in her architecture studio. Now this girl's studio is directly across the hall from Sheena's. Also, they have exactly the same classes, so it wouldn't have been a stretch to say that they're pretty much always in the same place at the same time during the school day.
Which means that when I was hanging with Anna in her studio, Sheena was probably in her own studio right across the hall. I even walked past her studio a couple of times on my way over to Anna's. And oh. my. god. The temptation to just walk in there to try and get her to talk to me was almost too great to resist.
But resist I did. And what do I get? A text asking to meet. Finally. Maybe after 20 long years, I'm finally learning the meaning of that damn word.
Other than that, it's been a pretty good day considering how busy I've been. Hung out with Anna in the morning, then went to class, then went to work, lax practice, home for an hour for the O.C and dinner with Lanti, then back to work, met Grant, and then Jane.
Oh about Grant, he's a nice kid. Good kisser. I'd date him. I'm just not head over heels infatuated with him the way I am with a certain someone else. We had a fun time together. And will probably do it again sometime soon. But right now my priority is to straighten out things with Sheena.
Then I'll figure out what happens next.
I know it's not much to look at, but at this point a little something goes a long way.
And I also think that's its the guy up there's way of telling me that patience really does pay off sometimes. Well, patience and abstinence anyway. See today I went to visit Anna and have lunch with her in her architecture studio. Now this girl's studio is directly across the hall from Sheena's. Also, they have exactly the same classes, so it wouldn't have been a stretch to say that they're pretty much always in the same place at the same time during the school day.
Which means that when I was hanging with Anna in her studio, Sheena was probably in her own studio right across the hall. I even walked past her studio a couple of times on my way over to Anna's. And oh. my. god. The temptation to just walk in there to try and get her to talk to me was almost too great to resist.
But resist I did. And what do I get? A text asking to meet. Finally. Maybe after 20 long years, I'm finally learning the meaning of that damn word.
Other than that, it's been a pretty good day considering how busy I've been. Hung out with Anna in the morning, then went to class, then went to work, lax practice, home for an hour for the O.C and dinner with Lanti, then back to work, met Grant, and then Jane.
Oh about Grant, he's a nice kid. Good kisser. I'd date him. I'm just not head over heels infatuated with him the way I am with a certain someone else. We had a fun time together. And will probably do it again sometime soon. But right now my priority is to straighten out things with Sheena.
Then I'll figure out what happens next.
Comments:
Post a Comment