<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Other Side of the Tracks 

Well, the debacle with Sheena means that I've exhausted my female dating options for a while. So on to the other side of the tracks.

Went out to dinner with Grant tonight. He's the kid I met at Charlotte's Halloween party the same night that Sheena was busy ignoring me. Anyway, this was our second date. I took him to Bene, this gourmet pizza place on Oakway that I absolutely love.

Things were.. interesting to say the least. This guy's really nice. He didnt try to feel me up, or take things to second base, or anything like that. But I have issues with his dating ettiquette. Most of the guys whom I've dated usually at least offer to pay for stuff-- even though I normally counteroffer right back and we end up splitting.

Grant didn't offer. We split the check at the pizza place. And that's cool. I don't have a problem with that. But what got me was the next step. We got cider at Starbucks after dinner.

Basically, I went up to the counter and he stood next to me as I ordered two small ciders. I took out my wallet and made to pay. He let me. I ended up paying for both drinks, and he didn't even offer to pay for his half. Worse still, I didn't even get a word of thanks. What's up with that?

Its one thing to not offer to pay. Its another thing entirely to just let the girl pay!

So, he's a nice guy. Great sense of humor, and I have fun with him. But I'm still left wondering whether I want to keep this little thing up if the guy I'm dating doesnt even understand the concept of basic dating etiquette.

I'm pretty tired. I actually just got back from school because I was at the J-school from 10pm till 1am working on a group project with my journalism group.

After we got done, I drove my friend home. He's the guy I've kinda had a crush on all term long. I mentioned Sheena-- because I gave him her number to interview her for our final papers in class. And I mentioned that we'd dated , and that things were still a little bit awkward between us. And he's like, "I totally get that! I've been in that exact same situation with a guy!"

My jaw dropped to the floor. "You mean you're bi too?" And he was like, "Yeah!"

I'd never been more surprised in my life. That's when it all clicked. This is why he's so well dressed in that semi-preppy kinda way that I LOVE. This is why he has those beautiful leather shoes that I was admiring today. This is why he lives in a house with four girls. This is why he has so many girls as friends. He's a great guy-friend. He's gay. Well half-gay.

But if he hadn't said it, I would never have guessed. And would never have had the guts to ask.

I get it. Wow. Just goes to show, there are more gay people out there than you think.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com