<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Losing the Battle to Win the War 

Yup. I partied last night. Actually I got drunk off my ass last night. But it was fun, and it was the first time the old party gang has been in the same room together this year. So that was a nice little reunion.

We started at like 9pm. I went out on a beer run with Podunk and got three six packs of Hornsby's as well as some Coor's Light. People started showing up a little after nine, and things realy got goin at 10.

It was a Bras and Beanies themed partied, so everyone showed up in Bras and Beanies. haha. Now that was interesting. Anyway, it was really just a rockin good time around people who were all comfortable with each other.

Some other aspects of my day weren't as great though. For instance, I suspected that Katie was mad at me after the game on Saturday, which by the way was the best game ever! (I had more fun at that game than I've had at all other games combined. Me and Alicia came up with this running joke where we spoke in Southern accents and gave each other dirty hick names-- I'm Elmira Humpsalot, she's Gertrude Hussy.)

Anyway, yesterday me and Katie finally had the conversation that-- in her words--, "we should have had a long time ago." Basically me and Katie have a really flirtatious friendship, which stems from the fact that we used to date.

There are other factors involved, but to distill the problem down to its most simple form, what that means is that us being as close friends as we are threatens her relationship with Kim. Now that they're dating seriously, I guess her girlfriend is entitled ot a modicum of security without The Ex around all the time.

And that's what I am, even though we never really dated seriously. So that consensus is that me and Katie are going to "take some time apart." (Which in itself sounds ludicrous because we're not even dating.) What that means is that we're gonna become friends who "talk if they see each other on the street, but who don't hang out otherwise."

And that really cuts me up because she's one of my best friends here, and I hate having to lose that for the sake of her relationship with Kim. But at the same time, I can't even be mad at Kim because I genuinely like her. She's a cool girl, she makes Katie happy, and they're good together.

I want this to work for them. But it hurts to realize that I have to essentially, temporarily lose a friend in order for that to happen. That just sucks.

I was pretty hurt yesterday after my convo with Katie. But I don't resent her, or Kim. It's just the nature of the circumstance. Sometimes you really have to lose the battle to win the war.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com