Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Tegan and Sara
This is definitely turning out to be a pretty good week. Now that the diarrhoea problem has passed, I'm feeling energized again. Plus today was the first weekday in a long time that I've actually been able to wake up after 9am! So the two extra hours of sleep helped.
It was class, work, then off to a ritzy dress up dinner in the EMU Ballroom called "Weaving New Beginnings" that all student unions were supposed to attend. The idea was for everyone to get to know each other. Plus the free food was awesome. Good old fashioned Southern BBQ. Which in this case meant collard greens, chicken, ribs, coleslaw, beans, cornbread and rice. I stayed long enough to eat.
Then I left with Jenn to go to the Tegan and Sara concert. For those who don't know, Tegan and Sara is a twin girl band. Pretty indie, niche audience. The opening act was horrible! Some stupid guy band called-- get this-- Hot I.Q. They were followed by a trio of girls called Northern State. I wasn't impressed either.
But then Tegan and Sara finally came on at about 9:15. And they were awesome. Their one of those bands that know howto entertain the crowd in between songs. So yeah, great fun.
And now, I just got home, and its time for homework. Laters!
It was class, work, then off to a ritzy dress up dinner in the EMU Ballroom called "Weaving New Beginnings" that all student unions were supposed to attend. The idea was for everyone to get to know each other. Plus the free food was awesome. Good old fashioned Southern BBQ. Which in this case meant collard greens, chicken, ribs, coleslaw, beans, cornbread and rice. I stayed long enough to eat.
Then I left with Jenn to go to the Tegan and Sara concert. For those who don't know, Tegan and Sara is a twin girl band. Pretty indie, niche audience. The opening act was horrible! Some stupid guy band called-- get this-- Hot I.Q. They were followed by a trio of girls called Northern State. I wasn't impressed either.
But then Tegan and Sara finally came on at about 9:15. And they were awesome. Their one of those bands that know howto entertain the crowd in between songs. So yeah, great fun.
And now, I just got home, and its time for homework. Laters!
Comments:
Post a Comment