Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Slaving Away
I feel insanely busy this term. Suddenly its like I don't have time for anything but school, work and social life. And lacrosse hasn't even started yet! At any rate, that's the reason why I haven't been blogging as regularly. I PROMISE it'll get better though. Promise.
So. I'm covering the tennis beat for the Emerald this year. And whao. Boy am I glad I nailed this one! The tennis boys are H-O-T. I interviewed the coach and a couple of the players today after practice for an article that's due on Thursday. And oh. my. god. These guys look as if they've stepped right out of my fantasy.
Ripped abs. Pecs. And tennis rackets. Phew. There are few things in life that are better than this. So I think I'm gonna enjoy my job this year. haha. And it's a learning experience too. Because covering an individual sport like tennis is very different from covering a team sport like lacrosse. You have to look at things in a different way, and ask different kinds of questions.
Other than that, lots of stuff on my radar. Homework for one. Since I'm behind in two out of my four classes. Plus the Women's Center. Open House is this Thursday. Then I'm also involved in a couple of other student groups. And lacrosse starts tomorrow. See my problem?
Today was fun though. The worst of my week is over. I had dinner with Anna and Eric today. They're getting married in July. And I'm Anna's bridesmaid. So that's exciting. Then I made a Target run with Lanti... who by the way went up to Portland for a Franz Ferdinand concert yesterday night, and after a strange twist of events got to meet the band and hang out with them at the after-party!
Apparently they're way chill with good heads on their shoulders. Always good to know.
But anyway, its but to the books. Mee and Yang, I got your emails. Will reply as soon as I can breathe properly again.
So. I'm covering the tennis beat for the Emerald this year. And whao. Boy am I glad I nailed this one! The tennis boys are H-O-T. I interviewed the coach and a couple of the players today after practice for an article that's due on Thursday. And oh. my. god. These guys look as if they've stepped right out of my fantasy.
Ripped abs. Pecs. And tennis rackets. Phew. There are few things in life that are better than this. So I think I'm gonna enjoy my job this year. haha. And it's a learning experience too. Because covering an individual sport like tennis is very different from covering a team sport like lacrosse. You have to look at things in a different way, and ask different kinds of questions.
Other than that, lots of stuff on my radar. Homework for one. Since I'm behind in two out of my four classes. Plus the Women's Center. Open House is this Thursday. Then I'm also involved in a couple of other student groups. And lacrosse starts tomorrow. See my problem?
Today was fun though. The worst of my week is over. I had dinner with Anna and Eric today. They're getting married in July. And I'm Anna's bridesmaid. So that's exciting. Then I made a Target run with Lanti... who by the way went up to Portland for a Franz Ferdinand concert yesterday night, and after a strange twist of events got to meet the band and hang out with them at the after-party!
Apparently they're way chill with good heads on their shoulders. Always good to know.
But anyway, its but to the books. Mee and Yang, I got your emails. Will reply as soon as I can breathe properly again.
Comments:
Post a Comment