<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Nameless Face Game 

I've always thought that I'm really good at remembering people's names. And honestly, I'm not that bad. Because I can still recognize people whom I met as far back as fall term freshman year.

But now I've begun to think that remembering names is a function of neccessity. I used to be like a name sponge back Freshman year because when you don't have friends, everyone you meet is a potential friend. So you remember EVERYONE.

Then here comes junior year. Its come to the point where your social circle is wide enough that there's always a familiar face in each one of your classes that you end up sitting with. So the friend network stagnates. Instead of meeting a myriad of new people, you try to become better friends with the myriad of people that you got associated with over the past couple of years.

And that's why when someone who looks vaguely familiar stops you on the way to class to say hi and ask how your summer went, you run the risk of talking through your ass while wondering "What the hell is your name? I know you well enough that it would be embarrassing to admit that I don't know who the hell you are... But what the heck IS your name?"

Does that make sense at all?

Anyway. I digress. The ASUO Street Faire is on campus again!!! Today was just one of those super-chill days where things seem to run like clockwork. Despite the fact that I woke up at 9.15 for a 9am class. (It didn't matter, I went to class anyway because its a three hour class with my fave journalism prof.) After class Lanti and I tried going for a run. Then we walked through the Street Faire and stuffed our faces. Pretty chill, you know.

Lacrosse starts tonight. First practice of the season. I can't wait. Let's see how I do this year.

Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com